MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SMTP and gmail
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Several users mentioned different problems on this thread. Please provide more details (e.g. error messages, your SMTP setup,..).
This is the setting i tried:

---------
Mail handler: SMTP mail
SMTP hostname: smtp.gmail.com
SMTP port: 587
SMTP username: [email protected]
SMTP password: *****
SMTP Encryption Mode: no encryption
Add message ID in mail headers: No
--------- ERROR MESSAGE: Unable to connect to the mail server with the given details. Reason: 101: Network is unreachable

---------
SMTP port: 465
--------- ERROR MESSAGE: The mail server is not ready, it did not respond with a 220 status message.

---------
SMTP port: 465
--------- ERROR MESSAGE: The mail server is not ready, it did not respond with a 220 status message.

---------
SMTP port: 587
SMTP Encryption Mode: TLS
--------- ERROR MESSAGE: Unable to connect to the mail server with the given details. Reason: 101: Network is unreachable

I contacted my isp and they said that sending SMTP must be authenticated and like this code:

$mail->Host = 'localhost'; //  smtp server
$mail->SMTPAuth = true; // enables the authentication form
$mail->Username = '[email protected]'; // email  
$mail->Password = 'Loca1020'; // password

$mail->Port = 587; // port
$mail->From = '[email protected]'; // REQUIRED: "From" e- mail must be the same "username" (username)

And this is the test working form: http://guerreirosbushcraft.com.br/testes...ler5_2New/

This is the working form zip: www.guerreirosbushcraft.com.br/testesuporte/Mailer5_2New_final.zip

My forum: http://www.guerreirosbushcraft.com.br/forum

I'm trying for a week to solve this!!!

Thanks a lot!
You need to enable SSL encryption when connecting to port 465 and TLS encryption when connecting to port 587.
However "101: Network is unreachable" indicates your host blocks connection to the smtp.gmail.com. You probably need to set up the SMTP server of your host instead.
Thanks for all help man!

I gave up! I made a email from cpanel and it worked. I'm sad , but it was the only solution.
Hello everybody

I have the same problem:
the SMTP Server rejected the supplied SMTP password. Reason 535 Incorrect authentication data

Mail handler: SMTP Mail
SMTP hostname: webmail.sitename.com
SMTP port: 25
SMTP password: **********
SMTP Encryption Mode: None
Add message ID in mail headers: Yes

It worked properly until last week. Although I didn't change any settings, it was spoiled by itself and is no longer working now.
Can not fix this problem?
Pages: 1 2 3