MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ABP Imgur : one click upload and insert picture
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
New version 2.8 : it adds an option to choose the position of the uploader (left side or after the message zone)

[Image: capture3.png]

[Image: capture4.png]

Note that this setting is global, you can't choose different positions for quick reply and normal reply / new thread / edit post

For signature, the uploader stays on the left.
Suggest you to use the textarea itself as dropzone, to keep it clean.
If you have a public repo link please share.
I have a public repo (gitlab) : https://gitlab.com/ab-plugins/abp-imgur

I don't remember why I had this idea and don't do it, but there were probably a good reason... or not Smile
Did you add template caching?
Actually no, I'll do soon
Actually it is 3 lines of code, if you had GitHub I could send a PR with fix but I have issues with GitLab lately...
As github doesn't allow importing project from gitlab, I only have the project on gitlab.
I'll manage the caching Smile

New version 2.9 includes template caching and corrects a bug with the signature setting
Be interesting to see how this works with 1827.  Longtime user of Shade's mydropzone - now bundled in the core I understand.  Soon see how that works I guess.

The size of image attachments has become an issue for us.  Using css to resize just doesn't cut it.  Pulling a thumbnail image version from Imgur better performance-wise.
I'll update my dev forum in the day and will test. feedback in a few hours

So, the plugin works well with 1.8.27, but when it's setted to be below message area, it does a kind of redundant upload zone.
[Image: sV2SeD2.png]

I'll try to modify the way it works and hack the attachment zone to use only it: if it's a picture, I'll send it to imgur, else I use the normal attachment way.
Thanks @Crazycat.  Be checking it out as well over the next few days.  Got 1827 on my test system, just going through it now.  Prior to 1827, thinking of disabling mydropzone and implementing this.  Now we have a new ballgame with it being core.  Not that mydropzone doesn't work well with Imgur uploads - but perhaps too well.  Image size has become an acute issue, and suspect we're not alone.

Another great concept for established, image heavy boards.  New boards may wonder what all the fuss is about.  But you'll know soon enough. Toungue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27