MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Force upload remote images?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know if anyone has done this before for mybb, but I was wondering if there is a way to stop remote images ( [img]url.com/img.jpg[/img] ) and upload them to the server instead of serving them from a remote server. The only place I have seen this is on overclock.net.

So say I add a remote image to my post, example:
Quote:Some post stuff, look at my image:
[-img]url.com/img.jpg[/img]

I want it to grab that image from the remote server and host it on my server instead.

I hope I worded this good enough for it to make sense.
http://mods.mybb.com/view/image-downloader

Although this is for MyBB 1.6.x , give it a test to see if it works.
This works good, but I need it to do it automatically when a user posts the image instead of having to do it manually through the moderation dropdown.
Bump?
It's, imho, quite dangerous to have this system working automaticaly.

I'll have a look on it this weekend, wait a little Wink

@team : is it possible to move this thread to the plugin request ?
(2015-02-13, 08:03 AM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]It's, imho, quite dangerous to have this system working automaticaly.

I'll have a look on it this weekend, wait a little Wink

@team : is it possible to move this thread to the plugin request ?

If done correct, it wouldn't be that dangerous, just only allow image formats (jpg,png,gif,etc).

And thanks a bunch, I will wait. Big Grin
i would mind having an upload from links that uploads and generates the thumbs as per mybb does

btw if it can generate a thumbnail it probably safe to use ?!
Bumpity bump.
I did a small plugin, but I think there are potential securities issue with it.

You can test it, but keep in mind that it's an experimental one and you may carefully choose the forums and usergroups which will be concerned by this feature.

All the comments you can do about this plugin will be welcomed.