MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade problem from 1.2.2 to 1.2.3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have replaced all the changed files (i had 1.2.2 before), set chmod for all the files recursively in /inc and /install (just to be sure Toungue since it wasn't working ) to 777 and ran the install/upgrade.php

I got this:
Quote:Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

ANY idea at all?

From MyBB Admin, i went to Maintanence > View PHP Info and I got this:
Warning: phpinfo() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/kellys/public_html/thenightlords/forum/admin/index.php on line 488
Like I said in my other post, is there anything that you can provide for us in the PHP error logs that will help us at all. The standard error message doesn't help much.
Tikitiki Wrote:Like I said in my other post, is there anything that you can provide for us in the PHP error logs that will help us at all. The standard error message doesn't help much.

I am really new at this. How do get the PHP error logs?

sorry for being a total n00b Toungue
Hi there,

After update, I have problems with BBCode, all tags (except [ img]) are not regonized. I think is because encode-Type UTF-8 (my forum is in portuguese (brazil), and we use ISO-8859-1, but the forum system is in english language)

I changed the english.php to ISO-8859-1 and especial characters are recognized again, but the BBCode not.

I check the AdminCP for any BBCode settings, and all are actived.
Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks!

EDIT:
I solved my problem. You need edit your files using a program when preserve the FILE ENCODE attributes. For example: the files of MyBB board are saved in UTF-8, but my notepad save files in ANSI format (it cause header erros and some malefunctions), I changed my editor to save in UTF-8 format and my problem desapear. Other forum languages (like portuguese, italian, etc) need more atention to this detail.
all i wanted to know was how do i get PHP error logs <_<
You host should be able to show you were they are located.
apparently something was wrong with me setting permissions in config.php and settings.php. It's fixed now. Sorry for the trouble Toungue

This topic can be closed