MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changed Hosts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I changed hosts and would like to keep my forums, post, skin, code everything. How would I re-install the board but keep the original forum? I have a .zip file of the forums.
I keep getting a 503 backend fetch failure...I think that something happened.

EDIT: My site loads now, I don't know why i didn't edit anything other than creating a database and user on other host....did it automatically adjust itself? Also it keeps going to installation...I deleted lock file, does anyone have a file they can supply me with?

OR I could re-install it to a new board, then is it possible to transfer the forums, members, posts, themes, etc? And if so, what would the files be called that I would need to transfer?

Ok......I think it's fixed. Could somebody else check it out to see if link works?
http://zephyrgaming.org/
are you installing again ? first it was install directory present warning and now nothing is loading
(2015-02-12, 02:07 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]are you installing again ? first it was install directory present warning and now nothing is loading

I switched the host and just uploaded the files for the old site up into the public_html, but it gives me a 404 error, or just shows me the directory....Is it possible to just re-install a new board and recover my posts topics, members etc?

I reverted to my original host because this problem persists...and it's still doing the same....

EDIT: I've returned to my original host and it finally works/ has been uploaded.....but i'm still confused as to why it didn't work on the other one.....
It takes a while for the DNS servers to update after changing hosts.
(2015-02-12, 02:16 AM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]It takes a while for the DNS servers to update after changing hosts.

Yes I know, but why did it update automatically when i reverted to my original host?
(2015-02-12, 02:17 AM)Itsasmileee Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-12, 02:16 AM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]It takes a while for the DNS servers to update after changing hosts.

Yes I know, but why did it update automatically when i reverted to my original host?

Because the global DNS cache had your old host's IP address and nameservers associated with your domain; they hadn't updated worldwide yet.