MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hacked?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You should limit administrator's permissions, if you haven't done that already. If you give your administrators permissions to do backups and set other administrator's permissions, then that can happen again. I would recommend you reading "Administrator accounts" section from this link to understand more what I'm talking about.

You can also see all administrators actions in ACP, because each of them is logged by the system. They should be available in "Tools & Maintenance" tab. You can see whether he did or didn't do a backup.
I would recommend removing backupdb.php from your install. Don't use MyBB's backup system - use phpMyAdmin or similar to download a backup to only your systems.
(2015-02-16, 05:27 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]I would recommend removing backupdb.php from your install. Don't use MyBB's backup system - use phpMyAdmin or similar to download a backup to only your systems.

it'd be nice if they simply stopped shipping backupdb.php in the core package, imho.  having to remember if I deleted that file after an update - if the update included that file - is quite annoying.
(2015-02-20, 12:09 AM)Shemo Wrote: [ -> ]it'd be nice if they simply stopped shipping backupdb.php in the core package, imho.

I don't think it'll be done for 1.8, but may be in 2.0.

(2015-02-20, 12:09 AM)Shemo Wrote: [ -> ]having to remember if I deleted that file after an update - if the update included that file - is quite annoying.

You don't have to remember anything. Just use File Verification to check if the file is missing.
(2015-02-20, 12:36 AM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-20, 12:09 AM)Shemo Wrote: [ -> ]it'd be nice if they simply stopped shipping backupdb.php in the core package, imho.

I don't think it'll be done for 1.8, but may be in 2.0.

(2015-02-20, 12:09 AM)Shemo Wrote: [ -> ]having to remember if I deleted that file after an update - if the update included that file - is quite annoying.

You don't have to remember anything. Just use File Verification to check if the file is missing.

I suppose.
Pages: 1 2