MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Theme too wide after upgrade, help needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

i did an upgrade in my test environment and nearly everything worked fine.
But only nearly...

http://sandkasten.onlyme-aktion.org/

I tried every setting i found in this forum regarding width... nothing worked.
I want the forum to be not as wide as the whole screen. It worked before the upgrade.

I would be really happy if anyone has an idea how to fix this. I am only familiar with the server backend, databases etc. The whole infrastructure. Design is not my topic at all Sad
And the width is the last problem that prevents me from upgrading.

Thnx in advance
(2015-02-12, 07:04 AM)dig_it Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys,

i did an upgrade in my test environment and nearly everything worked fine.
But only nearly...

http://sandkasten.onlyme-aktion.org/

I tried every setting i found in this forum regarding width... nothing worked.
I want the forum to be not as wide as the whole screen. It worked before the upgrade.

I would be really happy if anyone has an idea how to fix this. I am only familiar with the server backend, databases etc. The whole infrastructure. Design is not my topic at all Sad
And the width is the last problem that prevents me from upgrading.

Thnx in advance

Peace on All Smile

Hello,

Here is An Idea Solution For Your Problem! Follow the Instructions Carefully it is Easy; Don't Worry! Smile

In Your Admin CP Click on to Your Templates and Styles >>>>> Click on Themes >>>>>> Select Your Theme >>> Click On "Global.css" >>>>> Click on Edit Stylesheet: Advanced Mode >>>>> Find #container { And Under it there would be Width option

For Example:

#container {
background: #008fc7 url(images/dsblueorange/contbg.jpg) repeat-x;
width: 92%; <<<<<<< (Change the Width from Here) <<<<<<<
color: #000000;
border: 1px solid #e4e4e4;
margin: auto auto;
padding: 20px;
text-align: left;

Best Regards,

Pakistan.
you need to update the theme as well... 

(2014-11-01, 05:31 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]upgrading MyBB version requires code modifications in the templates 
upgrading guidance Wrote:Visit your Admin Control Panel, then go to Templates & Style > Templates > Find Updated Templates. This will show you a list of all the templates that have changed during the upgrade.

You can either revert these templates to their default - meaning all the changes you've made to it will be removed - or you can see a Diff Report which will show you exactly what's changed. If you have a custom theme installed, it is probably best that you look at the Diff Report and apply the changes you need.

or you can install a good looking compatible theme for MyBB 1.8 and use it 
http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?actio...ory=themes

btw, the width issue lies in your header template (ACP >> Templates >> Header Templates >> header) i believe... the container div is closed too early....
Here is the container part of the global.css

#container {
background: #f8f8f8;
border: 5px solid #e1cb6d;
max-width: 900ox;
width: 600px;
}

So that is not the issue, because it is definitly wider than 600...

i will check the header

Edit: The used template (legacy work, i did not implented it in the first place) is called "eorange"... i did not find any updated version

Would you say it is better to switch to a completly new "theme" ?!

I tried to change the "100% width" option in the header file....
it changes nothing. :/

Any more Ideas ?
the theme looks totally bust.

in your css above:

#container {
background: #f8f8f8;
border: 5px solid #e1cb6d;
max-width: 900ox;
width: 600px;
}

See this: max-width: 900ox; ?

Try making that px instead of ox.

Looking at the current theme it looks like you are missing the stylesheets variable from the header include. Thus no css loading.
I think all themes/templates are messed up!
The old admin changed everything he could in place instead of duplicating.

Is there a way to "reset" all Templates and Themes to default and start over with a "fresh new start"? 
I have the same issue after upgrading from 1.6.4 to the latest version today.. the forum is completely messed up for spacing (just like what the OP's display looks like).  Is there a fix for this?

Figured it out.. I had to go to the Admin control panel and "revert" all of the settings for the theme. After that, the screen width issues were resolved.