MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Blog and mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just wondering is it good to have blog with a forum ? And if yes would the plugin be just as good as the wordpress in terms of seo?
I do use the portal page, it is basically an showcasing of forum threads so the SEO is managed really by Google SEO.

MyBB will never be better that wordpress for a blog unfortunately, IMO. But if you want both, a forum plus blog, you can use the portal page and get satisfactory results.
Blogs would be better for SEO I believe.

I had a blog once with my forum that was wordpress but I stopped running it as I had better/easier ways for seo
You could take a look at this plugin and see if it meets your needs.
(2015-02-13, 01:38 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]You could take a look at this plugin and see if it meets your needs.

Wow thanks, that surely is the thing i need, I'm not good in coding the theme and paying someone might cost more so this for now is perfect replacement thank you....
If the point of having the blog is for community members to blog then no. I'm pulling this statistics out of thin air: 90% of members will use it as much as they use the calendar.

If you're using the blog to write articles that compliment the community forum then yes. A blog is a great way to bring in lots of traffic to your web site, but the type of traffic is totally different than someone that wants to only join a forum.

I think the question begs more details on the marketing strategy you want to implement with your forum.

The end goal I would think is to generate content to get visitors so you get members. The more members you have the more potential content your forum will generate and the cycle continues. A blog does not necessarily compliment a forum and that largely depends on your niche and marketing strategy.
That plugin has been bookmarked. Any idea on future development?

I think I'll be using it in the next few months.
If you feel comfortable fiddling around with some code, both on MyBB and Wordpress side I'd recommend doing some research into WordBB.

A quick google search brings this up: http://community.mybb.com/thread-40386-page-30.html

So it looks like there's the ability to bridge user accounts but I'm not sure about the state of bridging posts.
(2015-02-13, 08:31 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]I do use the portal page, it is basically an showcasing of forum threads so the SEO is managed really by Google SEO.

MyBB will never be better that wordpress for a blog unfortunately, IMO. But if you want both, a forum plus blog, you can use the portal page and get satisfactory results.

With portal page can you have the homepage with articles like MyBB.com? 

Most software will never be better than WP in terms of ease-of-use and updating. 

(2015-02-13, 12:15 PM)Patchy the Pirate Wrote: [ -> ]Blogs would be better for SEO I believe.
In general yes, but if you have a really active discussion forum that's probably better for SEO.
Is there any plugin or anybody already customized the portal page to exactly look like a blog? I use 1.6x version of MyBB.
Pages: 1 2