MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Staff Hierarchy Permissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You forgot to change to 2.2 as plugin file show version 2.1
The edit and full edit is working great to our forum.. they cant edit our post!

My problem is why Super Moderator and Moderator can delete my post? one of our staff is messing up our forum and abuse his power..

My Current Settings is..

4|3,6

Administrators - 4
Super Moderators - 3
Moderators - 6
I'll look into it.

It may have to do with explicit moderator permissions (I think those override), abd for the globals, it might be because they are the same tier.

Alright, the same code is basically used for both editting and deleting with some very minor differences.

So, this is probably feature-by-design:

With edits/deletes, the following is considered:
  • Is the editor/deleter the owner? Changes will always be allowed by the owner regardless of other permissions. (Assuming they can edit/delete in the first place).
  • Is the editor/deleter a moderator of the current forum? Changes are also allowed if this is the case --> Note that they must be a specific moderator; specifying they are a global moderator in usergroup settings doesn't bypass this! This is feature-by-design, not a bug.
  • Is the editor/deleter a super admin (specified elsewhere)? Super admins bypass all hierarchy permissions and can do anything, even to another super admin. That being said, a hacker can't abuse this unless they gain control of the actual server too.
  • Is the editor/deleter (lower) in the hierarchy than the owner? The loweest ranks are the ones you specify first & have the most power. This is the default case and is checked if the other conditions are false. If the editor/deleter rank is lower than the post owner rank, then the change is allowed.

As for this particular situation:

1) Are you sure the global moderators can delete posts made by you, the administrator?
2) I haven't checked this, but if the user isn't the moderator of a specific forum that they are able to delete your posts in, are any of their usergroups specified as moderators of that particular forum?
3) Is the user in any additional usergroups? Those are checked too with the one with most power being used.
4) Is the user for some reason a super admin? Are they a specific moderator of that forum? Those two qualifications can and will override the hierarchy in this situation.

If this doesn't help and all the above answers are no, then I'll look into it further.
(2016-06-02, 07:14 PM)Black Box Wrote: [ -> ]The edit and full edit is working great to our forum.. they cant edit our post!

My problem is why Super Moderator and Moderator can delete my post? one of our staff is messing up our forum and abuse his power..

My Current Settings is..

4|3,6

Administrators - 4
Super Moderators - 3
Moderators - 6

Ok, I found the problem: Inline moderation tools like deleting posts don't ghave permissions checked.

You have 3 options:

1) Wait for me to submit a new build -- This could vary between 1 day and 6 months depending on how I'm feeling.
2) Disallow mods access to inline moderation tools - It will make their tasks harder but they can do the necessary things
3) Find the proper hook and try to fix it yourself (it shouldn't be too hard, esp. if your familiar with code,)

PS: @MyBB staff - The Bug Tracker keeps throwing MySQL errors because "Assignee" doesn't have a default value.
Plugin updated to v2.4 (unless I'm mistaken....).

Primarily fixes (to the best of its ability to do so) some of the issues mentioned above.
Is there any way you can develop in future the one and only function that any forum need

Moderator can't see IP of a Global Mod
Global Moderator can't see IP of a Admin

In Modcp and and IP search as now i just removed the ip off all users Sad in ModCP
(2017-03-07, 05:22 PM)DariusGeo Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any way you can develop in future the one and only function that any forum need

Moderator can't see IP of a Global Mod
Global Moderator can't see IP of a Admin

In Modcp and and IP search as now i just removed the ip off all users Sad in ModCP

Possibly, but not likely.

While that would definitely be a nice feature, it kinda falls out of his plugin's scope.
Updated to version 2.5.

It is highly recommended that you upgrade to this version as it fixes multiple ways people get around the restrictions set by this plugin.
Pages: 1 2