MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Allow users to view mybb without logging in
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi....

V1.8

I made two small changes.

I changed the admin password and a small letter to a capital letter in the URL.

Now the forum does not display with the list of topics. It displays "must be logged in to view this forum"

Completely puzzled as to why this happened and how I can change it back.  (SEE IMAGE)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q6nv1z9cdaayj6...d.png?dl=0

Thank you
well i think its the users setting that u should fix
make it available for guests
I did not alter this setting and have no clue where to find it. I've searched that already
Probably you can't access your ACP and anything which requires login, because you changed your URL in the ACP. Now you need to revert changes, which you did to your URL address.

Open PMA or whatever database manager you have and run the following SQL queries (How to run queries in phpMyAdmin). Change in them prefix of your MyBB installation and your domain name.
UPDATE `mybb_settings` SET `value` = 'http://domainname.com' WHERE `name` = 'bburl'
UPDATE `mybb_settings` SET `value` = '.domainname.com' WHERE `name` = 'cookiedomain'

Delete inc/settings.php file. It will be generated again and your forum should be working again.

(2015-02-15, 11:11 AM)Ronshaan Wrote: [ -> ]well i think its the users setting that u should fix
make it available for guests
It's not that, because the error message asks to log on. He needs first to change URL back, because he didn't change these settings according to what was said.
recache option?
@mrnu

Thank you. I will try that. It should be simpler than that though ...lol Wink

@expat

yes, I have cleared cache etc.. that does not work
so it would be a pain to move domains then?? I should sticky this somewhere
(2015-02-15, 11:25 AM)expat Wrote: [ -> ]so it would be a pain to move domains then?? I should sticky this somewhere
No. But you shouldn't change this settings not properly such as adding a capital letter in URL, because your domain contains only small letters.
@ mrnu

Ok, I have logged into myPHP and the settings are fine. No changes needed.

The forum is still asking for login before viewing. So I am puzzled.
Can you give us a link to your forum? You had to change other settings then... Does it affect viewing the entire website or only specific forums, or what?

// Edit:
  1. There you can change access to view the board/website.
    [attachment=33785]
  2. There you can change access to a particular forum.
    [attachment=33786]
Pages: 1 2