MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: reCAPTCHA Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there way to modify reCAPTCHA? I mean, that knowing there's a new version of reCAPTCHA is available, how can I update it? The new reCAPTCHA is supposed to look like this:
[Image: hero-recaptcha-demo.gif]

And MyBB 1.8 uses the older version of reCAPTCHA, where you're supposed to enter the code in an image for verification, which I don't like.

Thanks,
~ Firelad

EDIT: Nevermind, I found a helpful tutorial. And sorry, I meant how to "replace" old reCAPTCHA with the new reCAPTCHA, which is called noCAPTCHA.
It's also core in 1.8.4 now. You don't need custom modifications for it anymore!
(2015-02-16, 05:42 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]It's also core in 1.8.4 now. You don't need custom modifications for it anymore!

Yeah, I've noticed. I just upgraded. Smile
Make sure you revert any template edits you made so that you're actually using MyBB's implementation, by the way. Never know when you might encounter a problem and report something that's not an issue with MyBB. Smile
(2015-02-16, 05:52 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure you revert any template edits you made so that you're actually using MyBB's implementation, by the way. Never know when you might encounter a problem and report something that's not an issue with MyBB. Smile

Haha, thank you. I haven't followed the tutorial since I already upgraded to 1.8.4, so should be fine. Also I noticed that this is in 1.6 MyBB Support forum, please move it to 1.8 MyBB Support. Lol
(2015-02-16, 05:42 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]It's also core in 1.8.4 now. You don't need custom modifications for it anymore!

Excuse me, but I've already upgrated to 1.8.4 and when a new user want to registers Recapcha works fine.
But, when the member want to login and type more than 3 times wrong password an error appears:
Please solve the reCAPTCHA to verify that you're not a robot.
But, the "member.php" page does not shows the reCAPTCHA image. Why?
(2015-02-28, 10:13 PM)Foo_ Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-16, 05:42 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]It's also core in 1.8.4 now. You don't need custom modifications for it anymore!

Excuse me, but I've already upgrated to 1.8.4 and when a new user want to registers Recapcha works fine.
But, when the member want to login and type more than 3 times wrong password an error appears:
Please solve the reCAPTCHA to verify that you're not a robot.
But, the "member.php" page does not shows the reCAPTCHA image. Why?

Because it's a bug in 1.8.4:

https://github.com/ATofighi/mybb_/commit...43d39e5e94
+1 !
Thank you very much !!!