MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Staff Page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Staff Page
The plugin adds a manageable page with list of staff. It creates a list of staff and allows administrators to display members and group them as they like. The page can display description of groups and members set in ACP. Groups displayed on the page are independent from the forum's users groups. In other words, this plugin gives possibility to create a small staff directory, without using MyBB's groups.

By default this plugin is displayed instead of showteam.php page, but the replcamenet can be switched off in the board settings, if you wish to use both of them at once. In this case you will need to add a link to memberlist.php?action=staff by yourself, beucase the plugin only adds redirection.

More details and download link on MyBB Mods page. Also there's a GitHub repository for this plugin. Feel free to comment and suggest any improvements.

Screenshots
[Image: Front%2001.png] [Image: ACP%2002.png]
Seems nice.

You should escape language strings in the settings before inserting them BTW.
Vert Nice Plugin Thank Great !
(2015-02-15, 09:10 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]You should escape language strings in the settings before inserting them BTW.
I didn't think about it, but now I see how easy it would be to insert some dodgy settings from a language file. Thank you very much.
Really nice! Thank you very much!

EDIT:
Ideas and improvements:
- Just make avatar images clickable -> link to a user profile
- Add an order option for users in a group (or sort them by first letter)
Good plugin thank you, it makes the Team page look much neater and members can add a little bit about themselves.
UPDATE
I've updated the plugin. I improved the code and added functionalities suggested by @eldenroot.
  • Added sorting members by manual order and alphabetically.
  • In forms of adding a member and a group now order can be set.
  • Avatars on the list are clickable.
  • Minor code improvements.
Update process from older versions is fairy simple. Just replace files, activate and deactivate plugin. Any data won't be lost.

New version is available on MyBB Mods website. Please note that I forgot to add codename in previous versions and the update notification is not displayed the ACP.
GitHub release link

(2015-02-16, 11:18 AM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]Really nice! Thank you very much!

EDIT:
Ideas and improvements:
- Just make avatar images clickable -> link to a user profile
- Add an order option for users in a group (or sort them by first letter)
Thank you for your ideas. All of them are now coded and available in the newest version.

(2015-02-16, 02:48 PM)sarisisop Wrote: [ -> ]Good plugin thank you, it makes the Team page look much neater and members can add a little bit about themselves.
Thanks. In this plugin administrator set description of members, not member. However it may be a good idea to add this in next update and allow members to change it too if they have suitable permissions.
(2015-02-16, 03:40 PM)mrnu Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. In this plugin administrator set description of members, not member. However it may be a good idea to add this in next update and allow members to change it too if they have suitable permissions.

I like it the way it is, it only takes a minute to get a member to make a post and copy and paste it over in the AdminCP. That way they can't keep changing it without me knowing, so I would say if you do add the option make it so Admin can turn it on or off.

I'm also getting positive feedback form our team, so good job well done.

And thank you again.

Hello would it be possible to add Online / Offline too ?

Thank you.
Idea for improvement:
- add online/offline indicator - default team page has this, so it shoulnd be difficult
This is a neat plugin. I would suggest being able to include custom profile fields as well. This isn't something that everybody would need, but it's something I manually added to the plugin that others might find useful as well.
Pages: 1 2