MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Regulated Memberships Integration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.

I'm writing to you about integrating the ability for forum owners to choose to regulate signups to their forum site. For instance, I'm running a web hosting company and I've installed your software, which, is very powerful and I love it a lot. However, the problem that I have is that people signup to my forums and they're not hosting with me.

I want to be able to setup memberships to my forums to where anyone who signs up MUST use their web hosting login and password, because your MyBB will use the server api key in order to give the ability for the usernames and passwords to be searched when members try to signup to our forums and if they're NOT a member of the site for which MyBB will be associated with, they WILL NOT be able to signup for the forums. Basically, in order for this to work, the site that the MyBB forums will be associated with MUST have an API key. Thanks in advanced.

P.S. This is NOT just for servers, it's for ANY site that MyBB will be associated with. It just so happens that I'm running web hosting services and WANT to use my server api key to keep NON-hosting clients from being able to signup to my forums. Thank again in advanced for listening.
Set account approval to administrator approval in admincp
(2015-02-16, 10:50 PM)Ircher Wrote: [ -> ]Set account approval to administrator approval in admincp
I'm not merely talking about setting up to where I have to approve everyone's account who signs up, I'm talking about actually disallowing signups to my forum site UNLESS the potential is a client of mine in my web hosting, because they WILL have to use their hosting login and password and then the MyBB will talk to my hosting server to see if that username and password is in the hosting system through my server's api key and if not, then, the member WILLNOT be able to signup to my forum.

FOR EXAMPLE:
You come to my forum to signup with "useraccount" and "password," my MyBB forum will ask my server's api key if you're a hosting client of mine. If you're a client of mine, then, you would be able to signup to my forum using your web hosting client username and password, other than that, it'll error out and ask you to enter your web hosting client login and password in order to signup to my forum. Therefore, you WILL NOT be able to be a member of my forum WITHOUT becoming a free, or PREFERABLY, paying web hosting client, first.