MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ideas for new MOD/Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

I'm just now getting around to testing out MyBB. I was a phpBB user for years, and recently switched to vBulletin. And I'm interested in using MyBB on a few upcoming projects.

To the point, I'm thinking of doing my first modification for MyBB. I've made several for other systems, so might as well add a few here too Smile

I'm looking for ideas.. what you guys would like to have. One I have in mind right now is a points system or a "Cash" mod. And actually already have a few of the basics done:

- User donate
- Admin donate
- Admin edit
- Points for posting new threads
- Points for replies
- Points for voting in polls
- Points upon registration

If there is enough interest, I just might make this my first one. However, still looking for ideas for other mods you may want.

(If it's not Okay for me to ask this here, my apologies)
Welcome to MyBB! Smile

There is already a 'Cash Mod' in development by Cool_Guy. (http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=15950)

Perhaps you could join forces with him or work something out.

Good luck.
I would love to see a lottery / betting mod that would use the mybux money.

Lottery - users would buy random tickets with the purchased ticket money being the prize no winner = rollover

Betting - admin would be able to set an event that members can bet on and set the odds.
Welcome aboard. Smile

The thread below is one possible idea for you, especially if you like a
challenge. Toungue

http://community.mybboard.net/showthread...287&page=1

I posted that in the Ideas section. But perhaps you could turn that
into reality? Big Grin
A shop mod would be swell. Smile
I'd say go for it. There's nothing wrong with having 2 mods that mean the same thing that function differently and have individual features.
I would like to see a PayPal donation mod.
IMPAQ Wrote:I would like to see a PayPal donation mod.

Same here
I know this is a rather old thread - but I'm now coming back to MyBB Wink I'm open to more ideas.