MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Zero Point Warnings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Make it where admins can create warning types that have zero points attributed -- Sometimes, you want a puplic record of an issue, but you don't think the user desrves points. A zero point warning would fix this.

It be fairly simple, just search for <= in admin/modules/config/warnings.php and replace <= 0 with < 0.
I agree.
The comparisons are at lines 457 and lines 545 in admin/modules/config/warnings.php . Just change the <= 0 to < 0 (remove the equal sign). This soolution by the way does not seem to work for custom warnings. It only allows zero points for warning types.
I second this, good suggestion.

But again, we do already have the note feature on the members profiles which are editable and viewable by all moderators.
Maybe a usergroup setting of canalterwarninglevel would be good. This way if you think it should get more points it would be editable.
I would suggest s.th like a checkbox, that can be used to send a zero point warning? (vB and Xenforo do it like that and I kind of like that solution...)
Allowing to change the warning points is some kind of an overkill I think... And it reduces standardized infraction handling...
Until it is considered if changeable points or s.th like that will be implemented in MyBB core, I've written a little plugin, that allows zero point warnings.

https://github.com/Nik101010/warnings-as...e/v1.0.zip
(2015-02-17, 07:04 AM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe a usergroup setting of canalterwarninglevel would be good. This way if you think it should get more points it would be editable.

No, warnings can be revoked and reissued, but changing points would be a huge source of bugs imho.

(2015-02-18, 10:23 PM)Nik101010 Wrote: [ -> ]I would suggest s.th like a checkbox, that can be used to send a zero point warning? (vB and Xenforo do it like that and I kind of like that solution...)
Allowing to change the warning points is some kind of an overkill I think... And it reduces standardized infraction handling...

There's an idea, but I think having it allowed as a separate warning types is better, but who knows?
User notes should be better. But the user notes in 1.x kind of sucks for this. Big Grin

EDIT: I have no issues with this suggestion TBW.
(2015-02-27, 05:54 AM)OmarĀ G. Wrote: [ -> ]User notes should be better. But the user notes in 1.x kind of sucks for this. Big Grin
yeah^^ they get quite confusing, when having more of them...
Pages: 1 2