MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: All Avatars are invalid
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys.

So I have recently had a huge amount of traffic come in, as like I have had over 200 registrations today.

And now I just found out that avatars are broken Angry

I am currently manually changing avatars and here is the error everyone is getting:

Please correct the following errors before continuing:

The file upload failed. Please choose a valid file and try again.

Anyway to fix?

It stopped working when I switched hosts..
Not sure what could be causing this. What's the permissions of the uploads directory?

ACP -> Tools & Maintenance

Scroll down to the bottom and make sure it is not reporting any errors.
It says writeable
Hmm. I can look into this now for you but I would request that you provide me with an administrator account, if you are uncomfortable with this wait for someone else to respond Smile
(2015-02-17, 02:42 AM)Ben_Conway Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm. I can look into this now for you but I would request that you provide me with an administrator account, if you are uncomfortable with this wait for someone else to respond Smile

There is not many things I could imagine being wrong with it
let me check error logs
(2015-02-17, 02:43 AM)Patchy the Pirate Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-17, 02:42 AM)Ben_Conway Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm. I can look into this now for you but I would request that you provide me with an administrator account, if you are uncomfortable with this wait for someone else to respond Smile

There is not many things I could imagine being wrong with it

Give your error logs a quick once over and make sure there's nothing in there which relates to this.
[10-Feb-2015 08:03:06 UTC] PHP Warning: File upload error - unable to create a temporary file in Unknown on line 0

This is the first error about uploading. Same Day I switched hosts
Ensure the uploads and avatar directory are set to 777 permissions, they may be 755 at the moment.
(2015-02-17, 02:47 AM)Ben_Conway Wrote: [ -> ]Ensure the uploads and avatar directory are set to 777 permissions, they may be 755 at the moment.

Umm, How do I do that?
Log into FTP or Cpanel File Manager. Right click 'Uploads' then click File Permissions and then type in the box at the bottom where you see the 3 digit number 777 and save. Do the same for /uploads/avatars
Pages: 1 2