MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Few 2.0 suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
1. Ability for Administrators to resend a user their activation email. If a user does not receive it a administrator may wish to resend it.

2. Announcements should be giving the feature of to be able to be responded to . Obviously when creating a topic the moderator will be given the option to close the announcement so it is not open for replies.

3. Remove the ability to take backups in the admin panel. This can be handy yes, but at the same time if someone gets access they are able to take a copy of the forum.

4. Automatically generate admin link which can be a random set of numbers which will increase security of forums. Most admins will not change their admin panel link but if there was a system which assigned a random number during install it would be a good addition.
I agree with 2,3, and 4. The first one you can manually activate users in the ACP already so I don't see that being helpful.
It could be used for accounts which have not been activated and the administrator wishes to resend the email to remind the users that they are pending email approval. Also, the administrator may not wish to manually activate the account incase of a false/fake email address.
I also agree with 2,3 and 4... specifically 3...  Toungue

(2015-02-17, 07:12 AM)Ben_Conway Wrote: [ -> ]Also, the administrator may not wish to manually activate the account incase of a false/fake email address.

in that case Admin wouldnt want to resend the activation imo... even if sent it wont be delivered as its fake...

also the member himself can resend the activation from http://forum.com/member.php?action=resendactivation
But if a account is pending activation for say a week the admin may choose to resend it instead of activating the account for them as they may have a fake email.

The secondary activation email would be sort of a reminder for the user. If he does activate his account after the second or third reminder admins may wish to prune the accounts as they are not being used.
+1 for the activation email resend. A valid email is a cornerstone to some communities.
I agree with 1,2,3, and 4.
(2015-02-17, 11:59 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]+1 for the activation email resend. A valid email is a cornerstone to some communities.

Any input on the rest?
2. The way announcements/stickies are handled in 2.0 should be the same as threads. This shouldn't be a problem. It was skipped in 1.8.x because it would be too difficult to cross over tables for posts/announcements.

3. For the sake of all things made with bacon backups should be removed from the ACP (although removing it from 1.x is as simple as removing the file).

4. Obscuring the ACP URL should be standard practice.
Can we create a PR for this?
Pages: 1 2 3