MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is there another way to upload a .sql database ? * QUESTION
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,
My host is taking forever now. I want to upload my database.sql in PhpMyAdmin but my .sql backup is 300 MB.
The max upload size is 55MiB.

Is there another way to upload the .sql if I only have access to Cpanel?
most probably you can use gzip compression for the database which can reduce the file size
you can use 7-zip utility to compress sql file to sql.gz and try using it
Another approach to your problem is using a program to split a large sql file into smaller ones. Then import each in order.

Mysql dump splitter could work for you:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/dump-split/
(2015-02-18, 03:09 AM)HeartSeeker Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
My host is taking forever now. I want to upload my database.sql in PhpMyAdmin but my .sql backup is 300 MB.

You may find that FTP software can upload a large file such as your database. There are freeware FTP programs available.

Ask host if you can upload database via FTP to your account and have them import it for you.
(2015-02-18, 11:37 AM)Puppyite Wrote: [ -> ]

You may find that FTP software can upload a large file such as your database. There are freeware FTP programs available.

Ask host if you can upload database via FTP to your account and have them import it for you.
Do you mean filezilla?

If so, where can I upload the database? in the sql folder?

(2015-02-18, 03:37 AM)ThemeFreaknet Wrote: [ -> ]Another approach to your problem is using a program to split a large sql file into smaller ones. Then import each in order.

Mysql dump splitter could work for you:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/dump-split/

I can't find the download for Mysql dump splitter
(2015-02-18, 02:02 PM)HeartSeeker Wrote: [ -> ]

Do you mean filezilla?

I was speaking of FTP software which is what Filezilla is. I have used other FTP software but not this particular program nor have I used it for this task. If I were in your place I would contact the host and see if they can help with this.

I can't find download for MySQL Dump Splitter either but I did find an alternative: SQL Dump File Splitter
(2015-02-18, 05:48 PM)Puppyite Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-18, 02:02 PM)HeartSeeker Wrote: [ -> ]

Do you mean filezilla?

I was speaking of FTP software which is what Filezilla is. I have used other FTP software but not this particular program nor have I used it for this task. If I were in your place I would contact the host and see if they can help with this.

I can't find download for MySQL Dump Splitter either but I did find an alternative: SQL Dump File Splitter
I got the download for mySQL dump splitter.

I tried and it doesn't work. Imma try again however.

So I can upload the database via FTP? o.O

And my host is not responding its been 2 days I want my site working so im trying to do it by myself!!

Here is how the splitter looks. I'm trying again with the program. Lets see if MySQL wants me to upload 6 splits!

http://i.imgur.com/e4hCPSa.png
If you can upload your (whole or split) database to somewhere on your hosting account (where forum files like HTML are) then maybe you can browse to it with phpMyAdmin and then restore it. I have not done this myself so Your Mileage May Vary.
(2015-02-18, 06:03 PM)Puppyite Wrote: [ -> ]If you can upload your (whole or split) database to somewhere on your hosting account (where forum files like HTML are) then maybe you can browse to it with phpMyAdmin and then restore it. I have not done this myself so Your Mileage May Vary.

Well I only have access to Cpanel and thats all.
I could go on Filezilla too. That's the thing.
I'm uploading the first split now and its loading.

I'll post back here if this works
(2015-02-18, 06:05 PM)HeartSeeker Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-18, 06:03 PM)Puppyite Wrote: [ -> ]If you can upload your (whole or split) database to somewhere on your hosting account (where forum files like HTML are) then maybe you can browse to it with phpMyAdmin and then restore it. I have not done this myself so Your Mileage May Vary.

Well I only have access to Cpanel and thats all.
I could go on Filezilla too. That's the thing.
I'm uploading the first split now and its loading.

I'll post back here if this works

I just looked and I see no way to browse/upload anything that's not on your computer. I'll have to bow out and let someone who know more about this take over.

Note that phpMyAdmin is in cPanel and it does have an option to split a database as part of restore operation.
Pages: 1 2