MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum keeps redirecting to homepage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

I have had a few issues today, despite no changes being made to the website at all for over a week. I can access other pages on my website fine with no issues, but the forum is intermittently redirecting to my website's homepage.

The problem was first recorded by a few of my forum's users when they were attempting to quote a post. The problem seems to have gradually worsened over the day, meaning that it occasionally redirects when you're merely trying to access the forum index page itself.

If you can manage to login, the details are below:
www.northeastbuses.co.uk/forum
Username - mybbtest
Password - qwerty123

To reiterate what I said previously: the issue is intermittent, so you may be able to log in with no issues whatsoever.

Having seen there was a new MyBB upgrade available, I have just upgraded to the current version in a bid to attempt to fix the issue myself, but it has not helped at all. I also tried to disable all plugins to fix the problem, but this has not helped.

If anyone could provide any help whatsoever, I'd be eternally grateful.
Well when I tried to log in it appeared to be a cookie problem. Log into your FTP and go to inc/setting.php and search for cookie and post the three lines here.
(2015-02-18, 05:45 PM)Ben_Conway Wrote: [ -> ]Well when I tried to log in it appeared to be a cookie problem. Log into your FTP and go to inc/setting.php and search for cookie and post the three lines here.

Hi Ben.
Thanks for looking.

$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".northeastbuses.co.uk";

$settings['cookiepath'] = "/forum/";
$settings['cookieprefix'] = "";
These are correct I believe.

Admin Panel -> Configuration -> Site Details -> Board URL

You'll probably find that it will be set to northeastbuses.co.uk change it to http://www.northeastbuses.co.uk/forum

EDIT: Does this happen on the default theme? There is a jquery file missing.

Acp -> Templates & Themes -> Templates -> Your Theme -> Headerinclude

Find:

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://northeastbuses.co.uk/template/jquery-1.4.2.min.js"></script>

Try removing that.
I don't seem to be having this problem any more. I'm not sure if it fixed itself last night at about 21:30 or if someone managed to fix it from this forum, but I'll mark the problem as solved and mark Ben's as the best answer given the additional help he gave me via PM.

Thanks all - case closed.