MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.8.3-1.8.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, so I've edited a lot in my website's template. Would I download the files and replace them with everything in my FTP? If I do that will it save my edit's, users, members, etc.?
Take a full website back up first and follow the upgrade guide: http://docs.mybb.com/1.8/install/upgrade/

Also take a theme backup too: ACP -> Themes & Templates -> Theme -> Options -> Export Theme

When you upgrade you should not lose anything but if you do that it will give you a fall back incase anything does happen.
I followed the guide, but my ftp tells me these files can't be replaced...do i manually delete those files?
Which files sorry? The mybb files?
Yes.
(2015-02-18, 11:36 PM)Ben C Wrote: [ -> ]Which files sorry? The mybb files?
Do you have any of these files open?
(2015-02-19, 12:23 AM)Ben C Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have any of these files open?

What do you mean by open?
Do you currently have any of these files open in FileZilla or Notepad?
Your FTP manager should allow you to bulk replace those files, if it doesn't probably you have them open.

Otherwise yes, you will need to manually delete those files and upload the new ones. That or contact your host for support.
I'm not using a ftp, rather a file manager supplied by my webhost. When I use it to upload it says it cannot be replaced, so would I delete the required files, and just put the new ones in their place?
Pages: 1 2