MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Create a template page like this?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This website: MPN has a home page, place for ranks, and rules....does anyone know how it was made, and could they help me make my own? Also, would it be fine to make that in the root folder mysite.org, and then just put my forums in mysite.org/forums?
It looks like they installed Joomla and then bought a theme.
(2015-02-19, 05:28 AM)ThemeFreaknet Wrote: [ -> ]It looks like they installed Joomla and then bought a theme.

Is joomla free to use, and would it be alright to have it as my main page, and then my forums at: mywebsite.org/forums?
Thats crazy that harlem shake button at the bottom of the forums, click it and leave it
http://forum.mpnlive.net
(2015-02-19, 10:21 PM)iAndrew Wrote: [ -> ]Thats crazy that harlem shake button at the bottom of the forums, click it and leave it
http://forum.mpnlive.net
Click it multiple times in quick succession haha.

Is it possible to have Wordpress as my main site, and then have a button saying "Forums" on the wordpress and that leads to: Mysite.com/forums ?
Yea you can just add a link like so to your wordpress menu on the front page

<a href="link to your forums here">Forums</a>
Thanks! Smile
(2015-02-19, 11:15 PM)iAndrew Wrote: [ -> ]Yea you can just add a link like so to your wordpress menu on the front page

<a href="link to your forums here">Forums</a>
Bear in mind with Wordpress and MyBB you might need a wordpress bridge or something for the users.
(2015-02-24, 02:03 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Bear in mind with Wordpress and MyBB you might need a wordpress bridge or something for the users.

Why? Why can't I just have a wordpress page, and then a button called "Forums" linking to the forums?
(2015-02-24, 04:58 PM)Itsasmileee Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-24, 02:03 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Bear in mind with Wordpress and MyBB you might  need a wordpress bridge or something for the users.

Why? Why can't I just have a wordpress page, and then a button called "Forums" linking to the forums?

You can, she meant if you wanted your users having the option of logging in wordpress with it linked to your MyBB login.
Pages: 1 2