MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Reply images/text not showing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MyBB version: 1.2.3
Making a thread is fine.It is posting a reply by regular means ( not quick reply ) that buttons are not fully intact and text is missing.
Image shows what I mean.
This is full install and NOT upgrade.
This shows on themed board as well as setting to default.
Again, this is when you click NEW REPLY button

I also notice when I reply, the post I am replying to is not named correctly in a TAB or new window.Rather than the name I get http://www.mysite.com/forums/newreply.php?tid=5 whereas here I get for a reply to this.. Post Reply to Reply images/text not showing

[attachment=5555]
You seem to have a language file missing.
What one do you suppose it is? I am looking on host but cant see any files missing when I compare to the folder on my PC.
newreply.php in inc/languages/english/

Either that, or the file is corrupt or your theme is too.
Thanks Tikitiki
I replaced with default from package the newreply.lang.php
Even though mine on the host was 10KB and the new one was only 3KB is that have any baring on functionality?

Thanks for the help Smile
I wouldn't know why there would be a big difference in filesize. It probably got mixed up with another file. If you upload the current one you have on your site here, I can take a look at it and verify.
Here ya go Smile
Thanks for all your help.I wish I knew as much as you guys so I wouldn't have to be such a bother at times Rolleyes

This is the one that was on the server.I saved it just in case the default one from the package didn't work.
If you look at the header of the file it says this:

Quote:/**
* MyBB 1.2 English Language Pack
* Copyright © 2006 MyBB Group, All Rights Reserved
* $Id: moderation.lang.php 2140 2006-08-25 10:22:33Z chris $
*/

Notice the $Id: moderation.lang.php. That means that somehow moderation.lang.php ended up as newreply.lang.php. Go ahead and upload a fresh newreply.lang.php overwriting the one you had on the site and it'll fix it.

smr Wrote:Here ya go Smile
Thanks for all your help.I wish I knew as much as you guys so I wouldn't have to be such a bother at times Rolleyes

Well experience comes knowledge. As in, if I were new to this I wouldn't know to think that it could be a language file that was problem immediately. But from past experience, I've learned to know better what it could be Wink
Thanks for the help.I had already replaced it after you said what file it could be.I just didn't know if replacing it would have any affect.I know some files get more added to them as time goes and wasn't sure if this was the case for this file.

I wonder if this type of thing has happened to any files relating to RSS as I have also posted an issue with that that I have yet to find a fix for.

I try and remember all things I get help with in case they relate to similar issues that way I can try them first before asking.