MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Inferno ShoutBox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Currently interested in working in for Inferno Shoutbox.

Now I Know that the development of the plugin has been discontinued by the owner, and I have the 1.8 version, but I wanted to know how to do the following things:

- Every 250 Messages Sent You have to make X number of posts
- You Have to make 1 post to view the shoutbox and the post can not have a certain word in it, nor can It be less than X amount of characters.

I am trying to do this because well the Post Count ; Member Ratio Is terrible atm with 4k some posts and almost 1,000 members.

And now about all posts are "kekekekekekekek" or "posting to see shoutbox".

If I can get these done then I really wouldn't need anything else for the shoutbox.

Of course I know this probably wouldn't require a separate plugin with my basic knowledge of plugins and etc.

But of course it would require editing within the files of the shoutbox its self.

I am not asking someone to do this for me (It would be nice, but I am not), I am just actually asking where I would get started with this project.
It shouldn't require much work actually as far as I know.
First, I know your efforts have good intentions, but I doubt it will really help in the long run.

I'd probably put most of your logic into inferno.php file (or create a function in class_core.php and call it there), speifically under the inferno_newpost. You'll have to look at the mybb source for the variables that exist at each hook (this should help http://docs.mybb.com/1.8/development/plugins/hooks/ ) and add the ones you need to use on line 127, like the other ones are.

From there, you'll just have to add a few database entries in the user database (a message counter that gets reset on post and the unix date of the last post (which you can compare with the current date)) and add some simple logic that checks to make sure the conditions are met before rendering the shoutbox (I'd put it with the banned check, also in inferno.php)

You'd have to check and make sure that I didn't miss anything, but that should work off the top of my head. If you want to open a pull request on my github (where you downloaded it), I'll might incorporate the changes into the shoutbox when I have time, though I've got a lot of school this spring.
(2015-02-21, 01:44 AM)Clank Wrote: [ -> ]First, I know your efforts have good intentions, but I doubt it will really help in the long run.

I'd probably put most of your logic into inferno.php file (or create a function in class_core.php and call it there), speifically under the inferno_newpost. You'll have to look at the mybb source for the variables that exist at each hook (this should help http://docs.mybb.com/1.8/development/plugins/hooks/ ) and add the ones you need to use on line 127, like the other ones are.

From there, you'll just have to add a few database entries in the user database (a message counter that gets reset on post and the unix date of the last post (which you can compare with the current date)) and add some simple logic that checks to make sure the conditions are met before rendering the shoutbox (I'd put it with the banned check, also in inferno.php)

You'd have to check and make sure that I didn't miss anything, but that should work off the top of my head. If you want to open a pull request on my github (where you downloaded it), I'll might incorporate the changes into the shoutbox when I have time, though I've got a lot of school this spring.

I really do like what you did with the shoutbox.
It is really nice.
You should continue on with it..
Looking to hire someone to assist me on this quest