MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Disappearing icons...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If needed, my forum is here: http://leadershipformen.com/forum

Notice the highlighted sections in the following screenshot:

[Image: LFM-MissingIcon.JPG]

Notice that in the place where there should be an icon, there appears to be a hex # instead.

Now, the ONLY thing I do is log out...and now notice that the icons appear...

[Image: LFM-MissingIcon-LoggedOut.JPG]

Now, the ONLY thing I do is log back in...and notice that the icons are still appearing properly...

[Image: LFM-MissingIcon-LoggedBackIn.JPG]

I cannot recreate the problem on purpose...but as I am working around in the forum, I suddenly notice that the icons are gone again.

Help!!!
Sometimes this happens using the following:

www.yourdomain.com
yourdomain.com (non-www)

It's because the browser thinks there is a cross domain issue.

To fix it, create a .htaccess file with the following and save:

<FilesMatch "\.(ttf|otf|eot|woff)$">
  <IfModule mod_headers.c>
    Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin "*"
  </IfModule>
</FilesMatch>

Place .htaccess file wherever your custom font icon stylesheet is
ThemeFreaknet, I appreciate the level of knowledge that you have and the quality of response that you provide.

I have a .htaccess file in the root directory where the forum software is installed.  (See below if need be.)

So, if I am understanding you, I should create a new .htaccess file and place it where my custom font icon stylesheet is. 

Unfortunately I don't know where that is.

I have a standard install in www.LeadershipForMen.com/forum

Where is the stylesheet you are referring to from there?  (I'm using the Square theme.)

Also, is there a place I can just add "www." to the setting and make the problem go away by fixing that instead?

Options -MultiViews +FollowSymlinks -Indexes

#
# If mod_security is enabled, attempt to disable it.
# - Note, this will work on the majority of hosts but on
#   MediaTemple, it is known to cause random Internal Server
#   errors. For MediaTemple, please remove the block below
#
<IfModule mod_security.c>
# Turn off mod_security filtering.
SecFilterEngine Off

# The below probably isn't needed, but better safe than sorry.
SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

#
# MyBB "search engine friendly" URL rewrites
# - Note, for these to work with MyBB please make sure you have
#   the setting enabled in the Admin CP and you have this file
#   named .htaccess
#
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine on
# Some hosts need a RewriteBase specification.
RewriteBase /forum/
RewriteRule ^forum-([0-9]+)\.html$ forumdisplay.php?fid=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^forum-([0-9]+)-page-([0-9]+)\.html$ forumdisplay.php?fid=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-page-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-lastpost\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=lastpost [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-nextnewest\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=nextnewest [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-nextoldest\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=nextoldest [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-newpost\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=newpost [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-post-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&pid=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^post-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?pid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^announcement-([0-9]+)\.html$ announcements.php?aid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^user-([0-9]+)\.html$ member.php?action=profile&uid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?calendar=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)-month-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?calendar=$1&year=$2&month=$3 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)-month-([0-9]+)-day-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=dayview&calendar=$1&year=$2&month=$3&day=$4 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-week-(n?[0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=weekview&calendar=$1&week=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^event-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=event&eid=$1 [L,QSA]

<IfModule mod_env.c>
SetEnv SEO_SUPPORT 1
</IfModule>
</IfModule>

#
# If Apache is compiled with built in mod_deflade/GZIP support
# then GZIP Javascript, CSS, HTML and XML so they're sent to
# the client faster.
#
<IfModule mod_deflate.c>
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/javascript text/css text/html text/xml
</IfModule>
Moved to theme support. You're probably best off finding the author of the theme, and asking them for assistance.
Tom K., I would love to go to the author for support...except it doesn't exist.

http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?actio...rt&pid=172 tells me:

Quote:MyBB Community Forums › MyBB Mods › Themes › Blue › Square theme
Support

MyBB Mods - Support
The author of the project has decided to give support on the following website (click the URL at your own risk!):
http://www.xstyled.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4 »

But, that link is a dead link that goes nowhere...and www.xstyled.com as well as www.xstyled.com/forum don't go anywhere either.
^ if you are using firefox then you can try this suggestion
Thanks .m.

Firefox is my main browser ... but "Firefox / Preferences / Content / Advanced and tick the box that says Allow pages to choose their own fonts" is already checked...so that's not the issue in my case.

Also, I checked Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Opera...and the problem is exhibited in all these browsers as well.

The only difference is what shows up in the missing icon space. Some show nothing...some show numbers and letters.

But again, if I fool around a bit...such as logging in or out...then the icons will usually appear properly for some undetermined period of time.

So, still looking for a solution here.
Well, I have discovered that if I disable "Search engine friendly URLs", then my icons show up properly.

I'm guessing that means my .htaccess file is causing the problem.