MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: More Customizable ACP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since The ACP Is the working space and it is the most important thing for your forum, there needs to be ways to make it EASIER to work in.

Now I am not saying it is hard to work in already; the current acp is good; but I mean you should be able to be able to easily change up like quick access and etc.

Now I have edited my ACP a little bit such as I have edited the quick access links and more. But adding new tabs to the acp is really difficult imo.

There should be features in the acp with:
- Be able to add new tabs to the ACP (Tabs mean like Forums And Posts and Users and Groups and etc)
- Be able to edit the Quick Access links easily
- Disables Features (Such as Database Backups) From ACP (This could be used for security)
- On the Sidebar (Like Under Users and Groups there is Tabs like Admin Permissions and etc) be able to edit the links there as people might want to code their own features into it.

I believe it would just make the ACP a little bit easier to use, as it is what you have to do work in anyway.
The ACP uses the plugin system. You can make simple plugin(s) to add tabs, sub menus, etc.
(2015-02-21, 01:10 AM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]The ACP uses the plugin system. You can make simple plugin(s) to add tabs, sub menus, etc.

I know, but wouldn't it just be easier to all the users to just put it into the mybb acp anyway?
I'd love to see the hardcoded things removed, so seperate the design of the actual site code.
I've managed to make a new custom design, but it wasn't easy at all.
Glad someone agrees with me a little.
I believe this idea should still be up for discussion Smile
(2015-02-22, 05:02 PM)Nayson Wrote: [ -> ]I'd love to see the hardcoded things removed, so seperate the design of the actual site code.

Any previews? Smile
(2015-02-24, 05:09 PM)PhantomD Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-22, 05:02 PM)Nayson Wrote: [ -> ]I'd love to see the hardcoded things removed, so seperate the design of the actual site code.

Any previews? Smile
I'm pretty sure 2.0 will come without any hardcoded html ;-) Laravel is, as far as I know, confirmed now and it comes with a template engine... so ;-)
I hope this does get implemented, or at least something kind of like this.
You shouldn't see and hardcoded stuff in 2.0, unless something really unexpected and weird happens.

Laravel may be what we're using right now Wink. Obviously subject to change, but that scenario would be surprising to me.