MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Files and directories have been chmod'ed, but MyBB says they are not writable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've assigned the correct permissions to all the files and directories that MyBB needs to access during the installation, yet the installer is still saying that none of these files or directories (inc/config.php, inc/settings.php, uploads/, uploads/avatars/) are writable. How can this be the case? I've verified their permission through both a remote shell and by Core FTP, so I'm not sure why MyBB is still claiming that they're not writable. It is not a local caching problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

J_K9

// Edit: I've just deleted and re-uploaded the files... Still the same problem. Any ideas?
Please check again if they are chmoded.

And please start the installtion all again, and make sure to v+refresh the page before starting to install.

regards
I have double-checked that they are chmoded, and they are.

I have tried running the installation multiple times from two different computers. I have also removed all of the files and re-uploaded them to no avail.

// Edit: I have just tried installing SMF and have encountered the same issue. Could it be the settings of SourceForge.net's web hosting services?
This is definitely a problem with your host. It could be restricting it for security reasons.
Try contacting your host about this problem.
Firefox Forums had a problem with this once, and the host had to set the files writeable.

Dr Small
I thought it was a problem with my host, but other projects on SourceForge seem to have forums running just fine.. I'll keep rooting around SourceForge's site for information and, if I don't find anything, I'll get in contact with the SF.net team Smile

Thanks.