MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need help for 'fixed to top' menu.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear members of the Mybb Community,

I'm trying to make a fixed to top menu, but my menu isn't on the top on default, so it would not work...

Link: https://retroplace.nl

Its the dark blue menu under the logo.

Thanks,

Antago.
That is not actually true; a menu does not have to be on the top to use fixed positioning. However, I would consider refactoring the header and panel to be position fixed from the top, not the bottom and padding the logo area of the header.

Also be aware that older iOS mobile platforms (iPad/iPhone) do not play well with fixed elements.
(2015-02-21, 06:17 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]That is not actually true; a menu does not have to be on the top to use fixed positioning. However, I would consider refactoring the header and panel to be position fixed from the top, not the bottom and padding the logo area of the header.

Also be aware that older iOS mobile platforms (iPad/iPhone) do not play well with fixed elements.

It can work via jQuery, or not? I tried it once, but it would not display it correctly.
Its your css and html for the header area.That header was not built to be a fixed header. You may have to edit the html; you will definitely have to edit the css.
(2015-02-21, 06:32 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Its your css and html for the header area.That header was not built to be a fixed header. You may have to edit the html; you will definitely have to edit the css.

Okay, thanks for the information!