MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrading MyBB Version more easily!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't use FTP (I don't want to either, I don't understand it) and I'm trying to upgrade MyBB from 1.8.3 to 1.8.4. I know what to do and all that but it took me such a long time just to upload a few files.. Is there a way I can have all these files overwrighted more easily?
Drag and drop into FTP and overwrite. Use Filezilla. Just use the host details sent to your email (host, cpanel username/password) to connect the FTP client to your website.
(2015-02-21, 07:19 PM)mikeh Wrote: [ -> ]Drag and drop into FTP and overwrite. Use Filezilla. Just use the host details sent to your email (host, cpanel username/password) to connect the FTP client to your website.

I want to do it using File Manager? Sad
Using file manager, use net2ftp, zip the upgrade files, create a new directory, upload the zip file and unzip it to the new directory, then copy/move to your root mybb folder (keeping the folder structure intact). They will be overwritten.
Really confused.
I use file manager sometimes. Go to http://net2ftp.com log in with your details. I suggest you create a new directory, upload the changed files, upload to the new directory/folder, unzip the files by ticking the checkbox beside the file and clicking unzip. After unzip, copy the files to your root mybb folders, then follow these instructions. PM if u need more explanation