MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: White spaces in editor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I start the editor by a new reply or a new thread, it has 2 lines of spaces/blanks (first line 19, second line 15). Also when I do an edit of an existing post, the 19 spaces are added at the start of the message, and the 15 spaces at the end.

I know where it comes from, because I am testing a plugin which uses a large number of javascript libraries. When I deactivate the plugin the problem is gone. But it is very difficult to find out in which library the problem originates, cetainly also because I am not a javascript programmer.

When I delete the spaces and save the message, the spaces are gone, but they return when the message is edited. When I edit a message with the white space still in it, new white space is added.

Is there perhaps a workaround to get rid of these spaces?. For the remaining the plugin works fine.

Regards,  Ad Bakker

It has been solved already. It had nothing to do with javascript, but simply with HTML.

For the purpose of my plugin I had to change the templates editpost, newreply and newthread, which all use the editor. To improve the "readability" of these templates I had indented them in the right manner, but I went somewhat too far with that. The textarea ended up like:

<td class="trow2">
                <textarea id="message" name="message" rows="20" cols="70" tabindex="2" >
                    {$message}
                </textarea>
                {$codebuttons}
                {$multiquote_external}
            </td>

and this produces the whitespace before and after the message. By changing this to:

<td class="trow2">
                <textarea id="message" name="message" rows="20" cols="70" tabindex="2" >{$message}</textarea>
                {$codebuttons}
                {$multiquote_external}
            </td>

The problem was solved Blush .