MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Help] How can I make this slide content thing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

how can I make this thing that like slides in on hover
the one shown here: http://responsivenavigation.net/ This one: http://gyazo.com/65c14e9aebba47146b4e20beae9ae62c

It looks awesome and functions awesome, Not looking
for the style mainly just how to make this!

Thanks!
The code is there I think; I use that site a lot for my navigations.

I will try and make a mock up for you on testfish; personally, I like a horizontal menu that collapses to an off-canvas, though I agree that layout is nice, do consider how you would manage the code once in say mod.cp or user.cp, both of which have sidebars.

The user expectation would be that the menu for the usercp etc appeared in that off canvas (that would be my expectation anyway).

I also think this is a VERY fair point :

Quote:The other negative feedback I have heard about this is that some users think that constantly having to open and close the menu could be a pain in the rear. Hmm.
(2015-02-22, 02:15 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]The code is there I think; I use that site a lot for my navigations.

I will try and make a mock up for you on testfish; personally, I like a horizontal menu that collapses to an off-canvas, though I agree that layout is nice, do consider how you would manage the code once in say mod.cp or user.cp, both of which have sidebars.

The user expectation would be that the menu for the usercp etc appeared in that off canvas (that would be my expectation anyway).

I also think this is a VERY fair point :  

Quote:The other negative feedback I have heard about this is that some users think that constantly having to open and close the menu could be a pain in the rear. Hmm.

I got it working but there sites source code for the navs are crap, I used Slidebar's source. Its muuch better! And yeah I use an off-canvas one, and I use it as a menu for everything other than pages in the header like home, credits, portal etc, Basically I use it for everything else so like pm, inbox, logout, user-admincp;s etc, I use a button to get it o function and when u click the button it slides in from the right, I have got it functioning perfectly! Smile Sorry I forgot to update this thread to solved Sad