MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Converting MyCode BBcode Tags in MySQL Tables?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,
I converted the standard align MyCode to be simply one word MyCodes...
But I have thousands of posts...
Since MyCodes are open/close types of shortcodes, is there a way to run MySQL commands to run through the table rows and replace 

[align=center]****ignore everything between till closing tag****[/align]

to

[center]****ignore everything between till closing tag****[/center]
And the same for left,right, and justify.
I want to just clean up everything to be uniform through out the forum.
Finding and replacing a single string is easy but the logic to also change the nearest matching closing tag seems beyond the scope of any MySQL commands I am aware of?? Even if I were to export the database and manually use search and replace, it won't cover the logic needed to do the proper replacing I need. Thanks for any help.

Update:
Please see Post #17 for the logic problem we came up against.
currently 
\[align=(center|justify|left|right)\](.*)\[/align\] 

does not account for nesting issues, validly nested tags should be what's replaced while the invalidly nested groups should be left alone so I can go in and change them manually. At least that's what it seems would solve the issue.

SOLVED!
This works perfectly in Sublime Text with grep enabled in Search and Replace:
Search (grep):
\[align\=(left|center|right|justify)\](.*?)\[/align\]
Replace:
[$1]$2[/$1]
You cannot do that directly in MySQL, because there's no way to use regexp for replacement.

The simpliest way:
- turn off your forum
- backup your mybb_posts table
- use sed or a good code editor to perform
search \[align=(center|justify|left|right)\](.*)\[/align\]
replace: \[$1\]$2\[/$1\]
- reinject
- turn on your forum
(2015-02-27, 12:27 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]You cannot do that directly in MySQL, because there's no way to use regexp for replacement.

The simpliest way:
- turn off your forum
- backup your mybb_posts table
- use sed or a good code editor to perform
search \[align=(center|justify|left|right)\](.*)\[/align\]
replace: \[$1\]$2\[/$1\]
- reinject
- turn on your forum

Thank you, I'll give it a shot, will see is sublime text will do the trick
You can also just replace the tags:

UPDATE `mybb_posts` SET message = replace(message, '[align=center]', '[center]');
UPDATE `mybb_posts` SET message = replace(message, '[/align]', '[/center]');
@doylecc : I don't think he have only center alignements in his posts, he has to manage with the 4 options.
I know Wink It was just an example.
Hey, this Regexp is not working for some reason, it's catching the first
[align=center]
it finds but then it skips past a ton of other embedded aligns covering a 1/8 to 1/6 chuck of the 10,000+ post table to a closing tag skipping a ton of opening and closing tags... . SO the search string might need some fixing? I'm terrible with regex. I'm using Sublime Text expression search and replace function.

(2015-02-27, 12:54 PM)doylecc Wrote: [ -> ]You can also just replace the tags:

UPDATE `mybb_posts` SET message = replace(message, '[align=center]', '[center]');
UPDATE `mybb_posts` SET message = replace(message, '[/align]', '[/center]');

Thank you, yea but if I do this it will put close center on the wrong sections...
(2015-02-27, 01:27 PM)WebDevandPhoto Wrote: [ -> ]
it finds but then it skips past a ton of other embedded aligns covering a 1/8 to 1/6 chuck of the 10,000+ post table to a closing tag skipping a ton of opening and closing tags... . SO the search string might need some fixing? I'm terrible with regex. I'm using Sublime Text expression search and replace function.
It's a trouble with the (un)greedy flag in the search.

I'll try to install Sublime text and find the way to correct that.

EDIT
I don't think Sublime Text allows the required options to perform this search, or it might be in the config files
Thank you Crazycat, what should I use on OSX to do this besides Sublime.. if sublime is a no go?
(2015-02-27, 01:27 PM)WebDevandPhoto Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you, yea but if I do this it will put close center on the wrong sections...

Yes, sorry. I forgot to consider the align closing tag is used for left, right and justify too.

Crazycat's suggestion of using a regex pattern is the better way here.
This should work in most editors though I only tested it with sublime text and geany:

search \[(align=(center|justify|left|right))\](.*)\[/(align)\]
replace: [\2]\3[/\2]
Pages: 1 2