MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Few Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, first of all check out my new skin:
http://www.wiiroom.net !
I have a few things I would like to do to make it look better, first of which is add the sb.php which is used in a different style, but does not appear here.
Secondly, I want to adjust how many posts are shown per page, how is this done?
Thirdly, How can I display who is online in my forums? ((where it says 'whos online?' at the bottom))
Alex
Quote:Secondly, I want to adjust how many posts are shown per page, how is this done?
Alex

This is a per user setting. Each user set this from his User CP > Edit options

Quote:I have a few things I would like to do to make it look better, first of which is add the sb.php which is used in a different style, but does not appear here.

I have recommended using the new version before.
But anyway i donno why you have put the side boxes in the footer template. they should be in the index template.

Regards
I have attempted to install it, and all went well, it just didnt display.

I still have sb.php on there, though it isnt displaying =/
Alex
Now i'm confused between this post and your PM because in each you say a different thing. Are you using the new version or not?

If you are running the new version just delete sb.php as there is not need for it anymore. and take note this change should have been made automaticly in the index template

{$forums}

should have been replaced with
<table width="100%"  border="0">
  <tr>
    <td width="75%" valign="top">{$forums}</td>
    <td width="25%" valign="top">{$sb_welcome}{$sb_search}{$sb_stats}{$sb_latestthreads}{$sb_additional}</td>
  </tr>
</table>
The sidebox plugin seems to make the page screw up, but I believe I have found a way around it.
I have the sideboxes that are currently on there in my footer section of the templates, I want to put the sidebox content (latest threads etc) under the respective images, I have used this code:

<div id="right">
			{$sb_search}
			<h3>FORUM STATS</h3>
			<div id="stats">
				{$sb_stats}
			</div>
			<h3>LATEST POSTS</h3>
			<div id="latestposts">
{$sb_latestthreads}
			</div>
		</div>

unfortunately that doesnt work, any ideas?

Also, I want the part of the forum that shows how many guests etc. we have online to show below 'Whos Online' at the bottom how do I do that?
Alex
anyone?
Under what images? i dont get it.
On the right hand side of this site:
http://www.wiiroom.net there are images, latest threads, forum stats and above it a login box. I want to place the PHP from the sidebox onto that area for example would it be possible to use
{sb_search} in the footer template (where the right hand side images are coded?
Alex
The thing is i see the boxes you are talking about in the footer and not on the right side.

Of course with no content. If you are running the new version please open ./inc/plugins/sideboxes.php

Find
$plugins->add_hook("index_start", "sideboxes_start");
Replace with
$plugins->add_hook("global_start", "sideboxes_start");
Find
  $lang->load("portal");
replace with
 $lang->load($mybb->settings['bblanguage']."/portal");

This should show content in the boxes at the footer
thanks alot.
If I want to do the same for the members online {$membersonline} thing, how would i alter that to display in the footer?

I have an error with my loginbox, please could someone, either send me their loginbox code and the template name I need to put it into.
I get this error when I log in via the sidebox at wiiroom:

error Wrote:
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/wiiroom/public_html/forum/inc/languages/english/portal.lang.php:1) in /home/wiiroom/public_html/forum/inc/functions.php on line 1121

wii room - reviews, discussion, wii second hand goods, cheats.

Alex
Pages: 1 2