MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Subscribe another User to Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

I was wondering if there are any ways to subscribe another member to a thread...

Scenario is I run a gaming community, and when we organise a game we make matchup threads... Usually we just PM each other with a link to the thread, but I was wondering if there was a way to just subscribe a user...

I did a quick search but couldn't see anything

Thanks Smile
Use a plugin.... Although, since you have mybb 1.6, you'll have to request one. Also, just tell them to do pm subscription. Why force them?
(2015-02-25, 01:45 AM)Ircher Wrote: [ -> ]Use a plugin.... Although, since you have mybb 1.6, you'll have to request one. Also, just tell them to do pm subscription. Why force them?

Well, basically, its a Madden community. Each week someone is playing someone... We have to make matchup threads so a) our opponent knows our availability, and b) other people in the league know when our game is scheduled...

Being able to type in your opponent's name when you make the matchup thread would be very useful, and would mean that you dont have to double up by creating a thread AND sending a pm...

How do I request a plugin, and are these free or paid?
Goto the plugin request forum; its up to you whether free or paid.