MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IP Ban
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have checked about and i cant seem to find it but i spotted that there isnt an option to ban ip addresses only user names,
would be cool if there was a way of getting a function like this is poss
Admin CP -> Settings -> Banning -> "Ip Address" textbox.
I must say that really that's in an odd place. Even I had to have a good think about where to find it.

Has it been moved in the new ACP?
Why would that be an odd place? It's just a normal setting like any other.

MrDoom Wrote:Has it been moved in the new ACP?

Now now, you know I can't release any details Wink
Yeah, but technically its more to do with banning then settings, so it would make more sense for it to be under the banning option.
Tikitiki Wrote:Why would that be an odd place? It's just a normal setting like any other.

MrDoom Wrote:Has it been moved in the new ACP?

Now now, you know I can't release any details Wink

Almost all the time that means yes.
Note Almost.
It has not been moved in MyBB 1.4.

We plan to redevelop the banning features however I'm not sure if that will be for 1.4 or a future version.
Tikitiki Wrote:Admin CP -> Settings -> Banning -> "Ip Address" textbox.

found it - i wouldnt have even thought about that - thought it would be under the normal banning option.

thanks x
Personally I think when on the banning page there should be a button on the top near [BAN USER] for [BAN BY IP] and [BAN BY EMAIL]

That would make navigation simpler imho. I also couldn't find the banning my IP or Email for quite some time. It's not really a "setting"...when you BAN you are targetting a user or users not altering your forums which is what settings should be for.
Pages: 1 2