MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Two-Factor Authentication
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, I'm new to this community..but have a huge problem. I recently converted from phpbb to mybb. I love it so far, it's amazing!
But I believe that one of the other Admins may have changed to configuration settings for this Two-Factor Authentication. I tried logging into my Admin CP this morning and it asked me for the authentication. I asked my other Admin and she doesn't know what it is. I'm kind of frustrated because I just moved over to mybb. It hasn't even been 24 hours yet...

Is there anyway to edit it through ftp? Something? If not my forum is totally unmanageable. Angry Undecided Confused

Can anyone please help me? I don't understand any of this. I wish I would have just let things the way they were on my old forum...

Also all of my members can't log in, it keeps saying they have the wrong password..

lord...this is a mess.

(2015-02-25, 09:31 PM)Moni Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone, I'm new to this community..but have a huge problem. I recently converted from phpbb to mybb. I love it so far, it's amazing!
But I believe that one of the other Admins may have changed to configuration settings for this Two-Factor Authentication. I tried logging into my Admin CP this morning and it asked me for the authentication. I asked my other Admin and she doesn't know what it is. I'm kind of frustrated because I just moved over to mybb. It hasn't even been 24 hours yet...

Is there anyway to edit it through ftp? Something? If not my forum is totally unmanageable.  Angry  Undecided  Confused

Can anyone please help me? I don't understand any of this. I wish I would have just let things the way they were on my old forum...

Also all of my members can't log in, it keeps saying they have the wrong password..

lord...this is a mess.

I mean this is really messed up. I don't have access to my ACP at all!
To disable ACP's 2FA, you can access the database and empty the 2fasecret field for the admin account in the [mybb]_adminoptions table.
@Joris42 Thank you so much! This helped!