MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpbb to mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello I posted before but no one has answered me! I'm like panicking over here, I just recently came over to mybb from phpbb. I like the set up a lot better, but sadly I'm already running into issues.

1. Users can't log in. I've got several emails from users saying that they cannot login. When they try to "forgot my password" option, they try to change their password and it will not work.

2. I can't get access to my Admin CP at all. That worries me alot. It's asking for a "Two-Factor Authentication". I don't have a Authentication code!!! I ready plenty of threads on here, I know what the Two-Factor Authentication means! I just never set up a plugin, and I never set up for anything to ask me for a authentication code.

This is very frustrating. Please could someone help me? Undecided
Hi Moni,

I'm sorry that you're having these problems with the Merge System, and that you haven't received a quicker response. I'm not particularly adept with the Merge System (I work more on MyBB 2.0!), but I'll see if I can help you, because we would love to have you here as a MyBB Community member/user.

What phpBB version are you converting from? Did you have any modifications set up on phpBB that may have messed with the database and caused weird conversion issues?

The 2FA system shouldn't enable itself automatically. AFAIK - you can blank the 2FA column from the users table in your MyBB database on your user row to disable 2FA for yourself. Back up your database before doing this, as always!

Please let me know this information (version of phpBB, and how well removing the 2FA code from your user in the users table works), and I'll see if I can help you further!

- Josh