MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Speed problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since a few days I have serious speed problems with my forum. I find it difficult to say whether this coincides with my upgrade to 1.8.04. I complainesd at my host provider, and they say "set error reporting on, perhaps you can see then what causes the problem".

But then my problem is how to set "error reporting" on Huh . Any clue?
Edit global.php and add, after the first <?php:
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set("display_errors", 1);
Have you noticed what your server load is?
How many users are online at any given time on average?
Did you recently install any new plugins?

If you have a larger forum or many users online at a time, you may want to give my Fast Search plugin a try. The default search page is not well optimized and this fixes that.
This is a forum which I am developing, so I am the only user (sometime 2, as admin and as a normal user).
Speed is not only low for the forum, but also for the AdminCP. Editing templates is for instance also very slow.

When I see the MySQL and PHP runtimes, these are relatively fast (0,1 to 0,2 seconds), while it takes sometimes 5 to 10 or even more seconds before I see the results. So I suppose that it is a connection problem. I have set PHP the error messages on, but no results.

(2015-02-26, 01:43 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]Have you noticed what your server load is?

I see server loads of between 6 and 8. Isn't that high for the situation in which I am the only user?