MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: error while installing with SQLite3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I've just discovered MyBB today after searching for forum software that doesn't suck (may I never have to use phpBB again!). MyBB looks great.

But I got stuck very quickly when attempting to install:

Quote:Table Creation

Connection to the database server and database you specified was successful.

Database Engine: SQLite 3.7.7.1

The MyBB database tables will now be created.
Creating table mybb_adminlog...done
Creating table mybb_adminoptions...
MyBB SQL Error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
-
Query:
SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 unrecognized token: "2fasecret"

Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support.

From some googling, it sounds like maybe SQLite just isn't very well supported, and this immediate error would tend to support that... but what do you think? Should I keep trying to make it work this way, or give up and use MySQL?
Use MySQL.
That's what I've ended up doing. It's more of a pain to administer, but tolerable.

I will say, though, that it doesn't make a very good impression when the all the docs and introductory pages loudly claim that Sqlite3 is supported, and then when you try to use it, it fails before you're halfway through the install. It'd be better to just drop support (and claims of support) for Sqlite3 entirely, than to have it like this.

My $0.02,
- Joe
SQLite is supported, but a serious bug slipped in the latest version: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/1840 and will be fixed with a patch or new version as soon as possible.