MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: DHTML Menu's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You know, like vBulletin has.

When you click a username it shows user options, and on the thread and board view there could be menu's with thread or board options. Smile
zzzzz
and I think its much different in gold Big Grin
I personally don't like them. They're features which require javascript to work and users still don't have javascript enabled (about 10% and we're not here to "support the majority", we're here to support everything as much as possible).

It also would mean two clicks to access something that usually takes one click.
I have javascript turned on but I still can't use VB's dhtml menus on Mac.
I don't like vB's way of doing things. However, it's better than MyBB's current way. First I want to see Gold, then I will suggest improvements. Smile
The vB menus look cool. But I don't see a problem with the way MyBB is set up now.
Chris Boulton Wrote:I personally don't like them. They're features which require javascript to work and users still don't have javascript enabled (about 10% and we're not here to "support the majority", we're here to support everything as much as possible).

It also would mean two clicks to access something that usually takes one click.
The report thing uses JavaScript... WinkToungue
yes, but what is used more often and therefore needs to be a lot more compatable? the report button, or the menu Toungue
k776 Wrote:yes, but what is used more often and therefore needs to be a lot more compatable? the report button, or the menu Toungue
I think both are equally used, actually. I can understand why Chris doesn't want them to be enabled, but on the same token, the majority does have JavaScript enabled. I think dHTML menus can add a certain degree of professionalism and cleanliness to the forums, and, as someone has said, they do look cool. I don't really care whether or not they are enabled, but it would be cool if they were.