MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: forget administrator username
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to upgrade mybb from 1.02 to newest version.
When I click "Next" button to upgrade, it told me to input administrator username.

I remember it should be "admin", but seems failed.
How can I get that administrator username?
How to access MySQL database to view the adminstrator username?

Is there any way to let it send my adminstrator username and password to the email address(I've received "Warning: Forums Login Attempt" so the email address should be valid )?

Thanks a lot.
Which administrator username do you mean? I never had to use it in such way.
The administrator account, as long as you are the admin is your username. So if you don't know your username this is a disasterToungue

But anyway if this is true, porbably looking at the users table in db through phpmyadmin will refresh your memory.

And in case you have forgot your password, you can always use the forget my password tool.
destroyer Wrote:Which administrator username do you mean? I never had to use it in such way.

MyBB Installation Wizard
Upgrade Process
Rewriting config.phpPlease enter your primary administrator username. The user ID of the username you enter here will be written in to the new configuration file which will prevent this account from being banned, edited or deleted.

Username:
Well, whats your user name on your forum? Just put that it.
zaher1988 Wrote:The administrator account, as long as you are the admin is your username. So if you don't know your username this is a disasterToungue

But anyway if this is true, porbably looking at the users table in db through phpmyadmin will refresh your memory.

And in case you have forgot your password, you can always use the forget my password tool.

I'm a newbie of php Sad (know little about it, only follow the instruction to install MyBB as forum before), how to use phpmyadmin?
phpMyAdmin is usually located in cPanel. It allows you to view the databases of MySQL.
Couldn't you still look at the memberlist?

Otherwise, just look for uid 1 (if it was you who installed the board)
destroyer Wrote:Couldn't you still look at the memberlist?

Otherwise, just look for uid 1 (if it was you who installed the board)

No, the reason I want to upgrade to newest version is:
My forum was hacked by some one Sad
When I visit the forum, it leads me to another website , so I can't look at the memberlist
Well you could always go into the acp and fix the template that got messed up.