MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to remove /cpanel/ and :2082
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Most users have a problem with /cpanel/ and :2082 on their url and that could be a security risk to the site if some one looks for the login. But here is how to remove /cpanel/ and :2082!

Step 1: Sign into cloudflare.

Step 2: Go to your website, click the gear icon, and select page rules.

Step 3: Put yourdomain.com/cpanel/ in the big box at the top. Then turn on forwarding. Put any domain you want there that is not /cpanel/ or :2082 (duh)

Step 4: Do the same thing for :2082

Step 5: Add both page rules.

Now yourdomain.com/cpanel/ and :2082 no longer exist!
the cpanel can be accessed from cpanel.yourdomain.com also

Few hosts even allow, yourdomain.com/whm

when it comes to ports many hosts allow, 2082, 2083, 2086, 2087, 2095, 2096

maybe there are more, I just shared few which I knew...

a better approach is to limit logins based on ip address imo...
(2015-02-27, 04:56 PM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]the cpanel can be accessed from cpanel.yourdomain.com also

Few hosts even allow, yourdomain.com/whm

when it comes to ports many hosts allow, 2082, 2083, 2086, 2087, 2095, 2096

maybe there are more, I just shared few which I knew...

a better approach is to limit logins based on ip address imo...

2082 2083 and /cpanel are the most known so blocking those would prob be good enough
You do realize, however, that allowing one allows the brute forcing of all, correct? It's all SSO.

Honestly guys - chill out. Ask your host if cPHulk is enabled. If it is, recline back and relax, so long as you have a password that will take >10-15 attempts x many times retried after 1h+ bans.

cPHulk, IIRC, starts with a few 1hr bans across all services on server. If the person triggers the 1h bans a few times, then they get a 1 day ban or permaban.

I'm not a fan of cPanel, but there's not really a realistic reason to be scared about people knowing you're on a cPanel server. About 99% of the Internet is.