MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PM e-mails and e-mail subscription alerts seem delayed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Hey,

The welcome PM plugin didn't seem to be the cause, no. I think that setting up a cron job to process the mail queue ended up helping Andrew with it (and is something I'd recommend either way for a decently sized board).
(07-07-2015, 07:49 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Hey,

The welcome PM plugin didn't seem to be the cause, no. I think that setting up a cron job to process the mail queue ended up helping Andrew with it (and is something I'd recommend either way for a decently sized board).

leefish admins the board I used to run. I never did get around to setting up the cron job for it. that said though, on my new forum, the PMs are sent like clock work every 5 minutes (00, 05, 10, 15, etc.) without any delays and I'm using the default mybb setup.
I'll suggest trying external mail server / on a different server to confirm if the issue is on your server.
(07-16-2015, 07:35 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]

leefish admins the board I used to run.  I never did get around to setting up the cron job for it.  that said though, on my new forum, the PMs are sent like clock work every 5 minutes (00, 05, 10, 15, etc.) without any delays and I'm using the default mybb setup.

Weird. Is the new forum using the same welcome plugin? When I looked at the code, there wasn't anything obvious that would cause issues though it is possible I missed something  Angel
(07-16-2015, 08:59 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-16-2015, 07:35 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]

leefish admins the board I used to run.  I never did get around to setting up the cron job for it.  that said though, on my new forum, the PMs are sent like clock work every 5 minutes (00, 05, 10, 15, etc.) without any delays and I'm using the default mybb setup.

Weird. Is the new forum using the same welcome plugin? When I looked at the code, there wasn't anything obvious that would cause issues though it is possible I missed something  Angel

nope.
Hmmm. Suspicious. I'll have to look at the plugin again when I get a chance.
I guess leefish could try disabling the welcome PM plugin to see if things improve any. if that helps out, maybe she can replace the welcome PM with mybot from Jones - it has the welcome PM capability.
It might be worth a try Smile
Euan, I tried the script as posted and added the cron-tab. Now I am getting a load of errors regarding MIB in the mail I sent myself to be sure it worked:

Example output :

MIB search path: /root/.snmp/mibs:/usr/share/snmp/mibs:/usr/share/snmp/mibs/iana:/usr/share/snmp/mibs/ietf:/usr/share/mibs/site:/usr/share/snmp/mibs:/usr/share/mibs/iana:/usr/share/mibs/ietf:/usr/share/mibs/netsnmp
Cannot find module (SNMPv2-TC): At line 10 in /usr/share/snmp/mibs/UCD-DLMOD-MIB.txt
Cannot find module (SNMPv2-SMI): At line 34 in /usr/share/snmp/mibs/UCD-SNMP-MIB.txt

Any suggestions?
(09-23-2015, 11:07 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Euan, I tried the script as posted and added the cron-tab. Now I am getting a load of errors regarding MIB in the mail I sent myself to be sure it worked:

Example output :  

MIB search path: /root/.snmp/mibs:/usr/share/snmp/mibs:/usr/share/snmp/mibs/iana:/usr/share/snmp/mibs/ietf:/usr/share/mibs/site:/usr/share/snmp/mibs:/usr/share/mibs/iana:/usr/share/mibs/ietf:/usr/share/mibs/netsnmp
Cannot find module (SNMPv2-TC): At line 10 in /usr/share/snmp/mibs/UCD-DLMOD-MIB.txt
Cannot find module (SNMPv2-SMI): At line 34 in /usr/share/snmp/mibs/UCD-SNMP-MIB.txt

Any suggestions?

Hey,

I'd be surprised if that's related as it's talking about an issue with SNMP which shouldn't be related to what the cron job is doing. I did find this on StackOverflow though, which seems related: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21257...-of-errors

It could be that your server has the php-snmp library installed but configured incorrectly. Is this a shared host or a VPS?

Thanks,
Euan
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8