MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1062 - Duplicate entry '' for key 'loginname'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello mybb community

A week ago, I noticed that nobody is able to register on my forum because of this error message:

SQL Error:
1062 - Duplicate entry '' for key 'loginname'
Query:
INSERT INTO mybb_users (`username`,`password`,`salt`,`loginkey`,`email`,`postnum`,`threadnum`,`avatar`,`avatartype`,`usergroup`,`additionalgroups`,`displaygroup`,`usertitle`,`regdate`,`lastactive`,`lastvisit`,`website`,`icq`,`aim`,`yahoo`,`skype`,`google`,`birthday`,`signature`,`allownotices`,`hideemail`,`subscriptionmethod`,`receivepms`,`receivefrombuddy`,`pmnotice`,`pmnotify`,`showimages`,`showvideos`,`showsigs`,`showavatars`,`showquickreply`,`showredirect`,`tpp`,`ppp`,`invisible`,`style`,`timezone`,`dstcorrection`,`threadmode`,`daysprune`,`dateformat`,`timeformat`,`regip`,`language`,`showcodebuttons`,`sourceeditor`,`away`,`awaydate`,`returndate`,`awayreason`,`notepad`,`referrer`,`referrals`,`buddylist`,`ignorelist`,`pmfolders`,`warningpoints`,`moderateposts`,`moderationtime`,`suspendposting`,`suspensiontime`,`coppauser`,`classicpostbit`,`usernotes`) VALUES ('TestAccount','c890d33a4ed01f4ec295dac7da31ad35','h6qLKDrG','CQvcUYBPAVoCuLS2d2erOHNd6vvVRMvC8izt3UT6N3aiwjOjLM','[email protected]','0','0','','','2','','0','','1425115595','1425115595','1425115595','','0','','','','','','','1','0','0','1','0','1','0','1','1','1','1','1','1','0','0','0','0','10','2','linear','0','','',X'25189d78','','1','1','0','0','0','','','1','0','','','','0','0','0','0','0','0','0','')
Please contact

I dont know what causes this error and I need help.

Thanks in advance.
That means you're using a plugin/modification which adds a loginname field to the database, it doesn't exist in MyBB by default, so moving to Plugin Support. Can't tell more without a plugin list installed on your forum.
Thanks for the quick reply.

Here is a list of my installed plugins:
[Image: 650154718ebf59bd04067dd94b2b5f60.png]

Bump.
Please I still need help Sad

Okay, I solved the problem by myself.
The plugin "Steam-OpenID--MyBB" caused the problem.
It added the "loginname" column to my database, I installed it again and eveything worked. (I left the plugin disabled, just installed)

Also thanks to Destroy666 for the reply.
I have the same problem, one of my staff installed the same Steam thing which you have installed, allowing the users to login using Steam.

Now It's been removed and users can't seem to create accounts or even post forums. Could you please state the exact changes which you made when fixing the problem?
^ deactivating & uninstalling the plugin should fix the referred issue.
This is a picture of my plugins.
https://puu.sh/uOdBa/df18edc3c7.png

Anything which needs to be done?
^ uninstall display usernames / nicks plugin and check the login process again