MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Allow users to update individual forum rules
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Short question: I would like to allow certain users on certain forums to change the "Rules" portion of their forum without going through admin channels.

Long question: Each forum has a different "mini layout" that sits below our current layout, which often involves weekly/daily updates to it. I've set it up on our forums to be done via the "Rules" option. I would like the person "in charge" of that forum to be able to update it. No, I do not want to use the "announcement" option because that just creates a thread - I want this to be in the "rules" area.
If there's a plug in I'm missing that allows something similar, please let me know!

(I just realized I posted this in 1.6, but I have 1.8.4!)
Announcements are not really threads - they cannot be "answered"and show on every page; they are also accessible to the moderators which the rules are not.

I know you said don't say it; but an announcement really is what would suit this best if you want it available to edit outside ACP.
(2015-02-28, 04:45 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Announcements are not really threads - they cannot be "answered"and show on every page; they are also accessible to the moderators which the rules are not.

I know you said don't say it; but an announcement really is what would suit this best if you want it available to edit outside ACP.

Maybe I'm doing announcements wrong, then? Here's what I see -
http://www.barbellsandbeakers.com/beqann...php?fid=61

The layout is created through the "Rules" portion, and below it the announcements are listed as threads
Hi, sorry for the late reply - out at a party.

Yea, for THAT - an announcement wont do. Hmm. I think there is no plugin that will do this for you. That level of customisation is really best done at template level and that means AdminCP. Sorry.

Actually, I can think of a way to do this; only moderators can add announcements; that is the first thing. If you are able to put that data in an announcement post then I do know how to load the content of a given announcement into the forumdisplay template. In order for this to work you would need to install the template conditional plugin. How many of these pages have you got?

http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=464
(2015-03-01, 04:06 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, sorry for the late reply - out at a party.

Yea, for THAT - an announcement wont do. Hmm. I think there is no plugin that will do this for you. That level of customisation is really best done at template level and that means AdminCP. Sorry.

Actually, I can think of a way to do this; only moderators can add announcements; that is the first thing. If you are able to put that data in an announcement post then I do know how to load the content of a given announcement into the forumdisplay template. In order for this to work you would need to install the template conditional plugin. How many of these pages have you got?

http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=464
8 total! I'll look into this - thank you so much!
Ok, can I suggest that you try with one announcement? Then give me a shout and I will go into your ACP and see if I can get this thing to work as I see it. I did manage to make the announcement content load on a click on Shavenook's rules page, so I think I can just load it on page load. Just too many is going to be crazy you see Smile