MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can I just stick with 1.8.0?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My Chinese language pack is for 1.8.0. If I upgrade to 1.8.4, it may not work. Is there any danger for me to just stick with 1.8.0 for now?
Thank you. But, if the Chinese language pack does not work, then it defeats the entire purpose of my using MyBB. Hmm. What to do.
basically earlier version of language pack still works. but it needs updating.
if possible, devote some time to update your language pack (by comparing with the English pack)
.m. thank you. I think I was not clear. I did not make the Chinese language pack; it is the one that is offered from the MyBB community. How would I update it? Thank you!
well, you know your language very well - why can't you update the files for your own use ? it is not
a Rocket Science. if it turns out well then you can also help others by providing your updated pack.
(2015-03-03, 09:59 AM)millerguide Wrote: [ -> ]How would I update it?

The best way to update it is to go to ACP -> Configuration -> Languages -> Options next to chinese -> Edit with English. Then you'll see every string that requires changes.
Just so everyone knows, I upgraded to 1.8.4 without any problems, and the Chinese language pack works fine! Yay!