MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ability to provided reputation based on required amount of post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, I want to setup my forums to allow all members the ability to provide another member reputation but I want to set it up a certain way I'll explain below.

I was at first only going to allow upgraded members the ability to provide another member with reputation. But me and my partner decided we would allow all members the ability to provide another member with reputation, but we want to make it so normal members would need to make X amount of posts before they can provide any reputation to another member, so this will limit the chance of users abusing the system. I seen that the signature feature has a setting for this, and thought it wouldn't be hard to make one for the reputation feature. I will appreciate any support regarding this. Angel

I just recently got done setting up a setting though the Group promotional feature, so users can't create any new threads until they hit a certain amount of posts. It just hit me, that I can use the group promotional feature to setup the same thing for reputation.

1. Create Two groups: One that can't provide reputation and one that can provide reputation.
2. Setup group promotion to atomically promote the user into the user group that can provide reputation after they hit X amount of posts.

I just thought I'd add this into the thread just in case anyone ever comes across this thread, looking for the same thing.