MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Calculate custom member age
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I run fantasy rpg and I want automatically calculate custom age for members using side wide custom year parameter (year_in_game, I added it as custom board setting) and custom user profile field (birth_year). Calculation is basic: year_in_game minus birth_date is equal to member age (custom_age).

custom_age = year_in_game - custom_age;

I want to use this custom_age parameter in mybb templates (user profile and post bit).

What is the most correct way to accomplish this using mybb?  
(2015-03-05, 02:55 PM)loveley Wrote: [ -> ]I run fantasy rpg and I want automatically calculate custom age for members using side wide custom year parameter (year_in_game, I added it as custom board setting) and custom user profile field (birth_year). Calculation is basic: year_in_game minus birth_date is equal to member age (custom_age).

custom_age = year_in_game - custom_age;

I want to use this custom_age parameter in mybb templates (user profile and post bit).

What is the most correct way to accomplish this using mybb?  
I did something kind of similar yesterday, I'm not sure if this helps at all >
http://community.mybb.com/thread-168026.html
Thanks! It somehow helps but I was wondering - is it possible to solve this without modifying core files.

Basically what I need is custom profile field who can execute basic calculation.