MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thank System 2.5.1 shows attachment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi@all,

I'm using the Thank System 2.5.1 to hide attachments till the user clicks thanks.
But when I put the attachment in the hide tags, the user can see and download the file at the end of the thread.

Look at this:

[attachment=33911]

So how can I delete this?
The attachments should only be available in the hide.

The code I'm using is:

{hide}{attachment=xxx}{/hide}

{} = []

Thanks for help.
By default attachments are not taken in mind, because if you know the direct url you can download too.

Only hide contents inside hide tags, not anymore. by the way attachments are parsed in next version on my site are the latest revision and works so fine.

You can use hide content until reply payd version or pay someone to add this on thanks system

I recomend you to use attachments in zip files, and this files have a password, then hide password inside hide tags, that's the way i use in the past.

Right now you can add many improvements, but this have a cost if someone do for you. The mod works in simple ways because is a free version.
is that how attachments are generated in myBB. I thought the images and thumbnails have a hidden link in the database?

and everything is generated and protected by the myBB scripts?

yes if you knew the link, you and get to it, but guests cannot guess !?
Ok. Is there a way to edit a template or something else, where I can delete this showing up of attachments at the end oft the thread?
@expat That was taken from forum permissions, you can set if you want to use for usergroups and guests, if you enable you can see and download, otherwise only can see but can not download, or can not see but it's on that criteria the use of attachments.

@Pikeman go to postbit and postbit_classic in postbit templates and remove post['attachments'] near of post['message'] and you done it, but you have to remove if use portal the same on portal_announcements, and that was all, now you don't show it at the end of posts. Aanyway if you know the url of attachments and got permission to use it you can download files even if you hide inside hide tags, in this mod. If you buy hide content until reply you have to reply to see and download attachments Big Grin

See yah !!!
OK.
Where can I buy it?
Is there THANKS Button to use?
I down't want any answers under the thread only to show the hidden content.

Can the button be replaced by own pictures?

Thanks.
NO thanks button, but i can add some features if you wish on this mod contact me by pm to that fact.

You can not use hide content then, because you have to reply to do that, then you have to add some features in this plugin Big Grin.

Yes you caan add pictures, set that on lang file vars, change thanks button contents and all contents you wish beside img links, or classes addinng images i do something like that on my site. Actually this can be done with no more changes than lang file vars and stylesheet.
where is the attachment code based on forum permissions? in mybb scripts?
Forums, select your forums, then go to the end and set permissions to your usergroups, you have to do it with all your forums, and by usergroup on all of them, cheers.