MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how to make a mobile optimized forum in mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This make my forum useable with my phone: Make MyBB 1.8 minimum width fluid
hey puppyite can my forum still be usable on PC?
i want not to changemy theme for pc but for mobile
here is the link www.pakforum.freezoy.com
(2015-03-07, 10:16 AM)zainjawaid11 Wrote: [ -> ]hey puppyite can my forum still be usable on PC?
i want not to changemy theme for pc but for mobile
here is the link www.pakforum.freezoy.com

I haven't installed any themes so I can't say how it will work with your theme.

Making minimum width fluid is a minor change, it just makes my forum fit the screen without a horizontal scroll bar.

My forum works the same on PC and mobile. Click the website globe button below my signature and browse my forum on your mobile device to see.
MYBB Staff Please Help me in solving this problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is necessary to pay more attention on the mobile development / compatibility because of the new rules of Google (SEO)! There is a good chance to lose a top position in Google search results because of missing / outdated mobile version of our forums.

So, how google friendly is GoMobile?
A responsive theme is not a mobile theme. All it is is a full MyBB forum loading all its associated javascript, css and html and looking decent on a phone.

If your users have a phone plan with a fixed amount of data in their plan (paying extra if they go over that limit) then I advise using a 3rd party app such as tapatalk or a VERY trimmed down gomobile theme for 1.6.

Responsive themes are best for tablets on wifi, not phones on a metered plan. However, google likes responsive themes, and isnt too grumpy about go mobile; it scores approx 96% on the usability test.
Go0gle is neither the best nor the only search: New Search Engines

Use whatever mobile theme you like, Go0gle will get over it.

PS: If Go0gle dwells on appearances rather than content they'll miss the boat.
so any responsive theme available for 1.8.4
i think available but not free .
Pages: 1 2 3