MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb performance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If I have 10 million of users in my mybb forum software, how the performance will be affected?

Will mybb support a lot of users?
Good question.
IMO, this is not forum engine question. It's more likely question about your hardware capabilities.
But this article http://www.vbum.com/2010/01/mybb-and-inc...rformance/
says something about to change to innoSQL, i was thinking in mongoDB, that kind of performance I´m talking about, Will mybb with MySQL support a lot of users like a 10 million?
What do you mean "10 million users"? 10 million users in database or 10 million active users at one moment online?
Yes, there will be problems, but it's not a MyBB problem its more MySQL-related problem. MySQL work bad with really Big Data. full-text index also are perfomance killer.

I see no problem in support 10kk users, but perfomance... who knows how it would be.
So it is possible start a new github project for mybb for migrate from MySQL to MongoDB?

I want to create something like that but get some help of MyBB community for really big DATA.
It would be possible, but would take a heck of a lot of effort with the current version of MyBB as you'd have to manually change every single SQL query. The license certainly allows forking the project if you really think you need to take such drastic measures, you may.

If you have such a big board that you need to take such drastic measures, you should apply to join the big board owners group from User CP > Group Memberships. Also note that throwing a NoSQL database such as MongoDB at a problem with large datasets isn't a one stop fix. It does have its downsides.
for me more easy try use NodeBB than try adapt mybb to use MongoDB